Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 132
  1. #81  
    7-2 date on mine -- after 6 days, the slider is misaligned with the bottom and there is decent amount of wiggle. I can actually shift the slider to one side or the other when it's closed, and it will stick until I give it a slight push and it'll pop back to its misalignment.

    I'm thinking the idea that newer Pres are any better than the first batch is wishful thinking. Just like the first batch, it's still the luck of the draw, and some are just getting lucky this time around. Others, like me, not so much.
  2. #82  
    Luck of the draw? Hey we buy BN Pre's or anything we better be getting our money's worth. If the things are crap it should be replaced. We're supposed to get our money's worth.
    Luck of the draw? maybe that's why our economy is in the shape it's in.
  3. #83  
    Oh I'm definitely exchanging mine. I was just pointing out that this newest batch is likely not any better than the last, just some unlucky people got lucky this time.
  4. as147's Avatar
    Posts
    289 Posts
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by aglide View Post
    Wow, 4 people in this thread have reported good sliders on the newer phones. That's pretty encouraging.
    Music to my ears.
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

    Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx
  5. #85  
    As of the tomorrow I hit my 30 day return period. And after reading this thread I am going to return my phone. My slider has "oreo" so bad it actually click when you touch the screen when the phone is closed. Other than that I have one dead pixel in the middle of the phone...Thank you guys...!
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    you know JackG058, I'm not sure who your remark was for but after opening my 2nd Pre while on the phone w/Sprint, I did a 786, It too had data on it & less calls. Now I'm starting to think after a HRST, you have to reactivate the Pre again but the users or Pre numbers are still there.
    My acceptance for this reasoning is this: the screen (cover of the KB) is worse, Looser than the 1st Pre, I mean Bad. I think the previous owner had this problem & sent it back.
    How hard is it to replace that sticky plastic on the side of the box?
    I called the store for replacement but they said they don't have any.
    True I purchaced my Pre from Tele-e-sales, maybe thats the reason for bad Pre's back to back.
    Battery went dead over night with the new Pre (it's now charging).

    This place is for helping others not for being a Smart**s thinking you know it all, we're here to share, to help.
    If you know it all how about share that knowledge with some of us less fortunate.
    I'm getting tired of this Customer Service & bad "sounds' come from these sites.
    Wow, lighten up! I wasn't making any accusations against you. I was responding to you, but trying to express that if a Sprint rep said this to you, they were probably speaking without any real knowledge. Sometimes CSR's will say something stupid and incorrect, rather than just admit they are unsure of something. Human nature I suppose, but not the best practice.

    And I still am doubtful that Sprint would intentionally sell as new a device that has been returned by a customer. For example, I've went to Sears' warehouse, where they sell appliances at deeply discounted prices that were installed at a customer's house but then returned for any reason, even that the customer just decided they didn't like the appliance. Sears didn't put the appliance back on the floor in their main store for resale. I just don't think that would be legal, but then again, I'm not an attorney. It certainly wouldn't seem very ethical if Sprint were intentionally doing this, and I'd just give them the benefit of the doubt.

    Perhaps next time I read a post of yours, I'll just ignore it rather than try to comment, since you prefer to "ASSUME" the worst from a poster. Nevertheless, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and realize that you must be frustrated because of your phone issues. I've been there and understand that. I hope your experience gets better for you. There's got to be a good Pre with your name on it out there.
    Last edited by JackG058; 07/15/2009 at 09:47 AM.
  7. #87  
    Quick question. I don't mean to hijack the thread.

    I bought a Pre on launch at Best Buy. Is it still possible to exchange my phone for a new one? (I doubt it, but I just want simple answer)
    Follow Me On

  8. edlex's Avatar
    Posts
    657 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Quick question. I don't mean to hijack the thread.

    I bought a Pre on launch at Best Buy. Is it still possible to exchange my phone for a new one? (I doubt it, but I just want simple answer)
    Did you get the insurance from bby?
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    Did you get the insurance from bby?
    No, I bought one from SquareTrade.
    Follow Me On

  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Quick question. I don't mean to hijack the thread.

    I bought a Pre on launch at Best Buy. Is it still possible to exchange my phone for a new one? (I doubt it, but I just want simple answer)
    I'd try going to the store and asking. The worst that can happen is they say no (other than wasting time and gas). Why are you needing to exchange it? That might make a difference in their response as well. I mean, these things should have more than a 30 day warranty I'd think.
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
    I'd try going to the store and asking. The worst that can happen is they say no (other than wasting time and gas). Why are you needing to exchange it? That might make a difference in their response as well. I mean, these things should have more than a 30 day warranty I'd think.
    The wobble on my device is just ridiculous. I was ok with it at first (as it wasn't that bad), but now I feel like one of these days I will pull the phone out of my pocket in 2 pieces.

    Everything else is fine with it. I have 1 dead pixel which I never noticed until a few days ago. And it can only be seen on a completely black screen. Trivial complaint.
    Follow Me On

  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post

    Also My phones manufacture date was 5 days before I bought it, I disagree that its been too soon for hardware revisions, those will be a constant and nearly invisible process if palm has anything to do with it.

    How can you tell when it was manufactured?
    ______________________________
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    How can you tell when it was manufactured?
    Go to the phone dialer, and type ##786#. Scroll down and you will see a manufacturing date. Mine, for example, is 6/19/09. It's the Warranty Date Code.
  14. LinT's Avatar
    Posts
    303 Posts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    #94  
    My launch day pre had virtually no wiggle. Since then I've handled (mine and others) about 6 pre's with the latest being last week (786 is 7/6/09) each one has more wiggle then the previous. Is it possible that palm has modified the manufacturing tolerance on these. ie... making them looser to avoid the screen cracks that were happening earlier?
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
    Go to the phone dialer, and type ##786#. Scroll down and you will see a manufacturing date. Mine, for example, is 6/19/09. It's the Warranty Date Code.
    Yeah, these warranty dates are weird. It is very unlikely that these phones are going from the factory in China to your Sprint store to you in just days (boat is the usual shipping method because shipping by air is prohibitively expensive). Much more likely the warranty date does not actually reflect when the device was manufactured but when the device is expected to be available for sale. So if you see a Pre with a warranty date of last week I would guess it's actually a month or more since it was manufactured.

    (It takes cargo ships 2-3 weeks to go from China to the U.S. and clear customs.)
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    Yeah, these warranty dates are weird. It is very unlikely that these phones are going from the factory in China to your Sprint store to you in just days (boat is the usual shipping method because shipping by air is prohibitively expensive). Much more likely the warranty date does not actually reflect when the device was manufactured but when the device is expected to be available for sale. So if you see a Pre with a warranty date of last week I would guess it's actually a month or more since it was manufactured.

    (It takes cargo ships 2-3 weeks to go from China to the U.S. and clear customs.)
    That's a good point Carl. Unless they are being shipped air. Wouldn't that speed it up a bit? Of course, not necessarily enough to cover possible time discrepancies.
  17. #97  
    I would think they are built in China and then Flashed here in the States right before being shipped out.
  18. #98  
    Well apologies accepted, benefit of the doubt, I was letting off steam B/C I'm tired of this lousy luck we are having buying phones that are not what we've waited for. Things "reps" say from so many places time after time. Being tired of investing so much time & money to give permission to be told whatever sure doesn't repair that which is broken. I know what the word "Assume" means & yea probbly deserved it, no ill will was brought to you & lightened up I am.
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    Well apologies accepted, benefit of the doubt, I was letting off steam B/C I'm tired of this lousy luck we are having buying phones that are not what we've waited for. Things "reps" say from so many places time after time. Being tired of investing so much time & money to give permission to be told whatever sure doesn't repair that which is broken. I know what the word "Assume" means & yea probbly deserved it, no ill will was brought to you & lightened up I am.
    LOL, great response. You're a good sport. And believe me, I understand the frustration. I used to own the Treo 700p, and talk about a frustrating phone, because it took Palm over 1 year to issue the one firmware update that fixed most of the issues at release, i.e. horrible bluetooth, choppy music playback, and constant resets. Bunches of us had these issues, and it almost made me never buy a Palm phone again. As a matter of fact, my next phone was the HTC Mogul (oh boy, another problematic phone, and the only reason Palm got me back). Sprint then gave me a Centro, and I still have that phone. It was and is stable and solid. Oh, then I bought the Treo 800w, and it has a couple of issues that have never been fixed, like a crappy speakerphone and GPS that is fully autonomous as was originally advertised. So, I understand bad luck with phones, and even more so how frustrating it is, because we pay good money for these things and they should work as advertised and be of good quality. Hopefully we can all report back in a couple of months time that things are going well with our Pre's.
  20. #100  
    Thanks I appreciate that. I started off with an LG-160 to 3 of them, Sanyo's, HTC... Mogul,Touch,Touch Pro, Centro's (3), 755p (3), 800w(2). Treo Pro ( not going to say how many) & now the Pre (2 so far) & they didn't send me a return package & gas isn't cheap.
    Sounds crazy -6 of the 8 Palms...- but I like Sprint, but I'll tell you I'm saving my money for another phone! Thanks
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions