Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    i just exchanged my pre today, my old one had a date of 6/01, this one has a date of 6/30 and is significantly better. there's barely any play when closed, and there's no noise when typing on this one either.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zhackwyatt View Post
    Hmm, maybe I won't wait until Aug to buy mine after all. I just gave myself an arbitrary date to see if some of the HW issues would clear up.
    That's my date (and reasoning) too, but I'm definitely sticking to it. Only a few more weeks to go.
    Just checked my 786 & had this Pre 1 week, never use it still learning it, have a 450 minute plan & this Pre says it has 3984 life calls on it! On the phone now getting an exchange. (I can't beleive this).
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    Just checked my 786 & had this Pre 1 week, never use it still learning it, have a 450 minute plan & this Pre says it has 3984 life calls on it! On the phone now getting an exchange. (I can't beleive this).
    My First Pre (Got it on the 1st available day) also said it had a ton of calls on it...
    Does not mean your phone is used. I read somewhere on these forums that that meant total minutes of phone and data usage.
    I haven't read other responses but my story is this.

I bought a pre a week after release, it had a wobbly/twisty screen. When I touched the top it would click it was so lose.

Same thing happens to a friend, he also returned his due to a dead pixel, same problems (without the pixel)

It was so annoying I exchanged mine for another about 20 days later, same issues, I just bit the bullet.

Today I went and got an exchange thinking there was something to this thread and voila, I now own a perfect pre.

Doesn't turn, SUPER tight. I love it, it seems faster and it gets better reception (that part could just be me)

So I would go and check it out if your phone twists, you don't have to exchange, just look at the phone they will give you, I bet it will be better, if you want to exchange it then do it! its worth it!
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    iJaculate somewhere else
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    So the hardware issues may be resolved? This is encouraging. I had kind of given up on getting a pre, but it's looking pretty good right now.
    I'm calling Telesales in the morning & I might just take it back to the store for an exchange. How come so many calls & data on a BN Pre? That's not what I expected after buying a BN Pre.
    My pre has some dead pixals, (more like stuck, only show on certain screens) and some screen discoloration. Again not that big of a deal. It also has a series gap, and clicks when its pushed on. And the slider when closed wobbles quiet alot.

Id exchange it but its not that big of a deal. Just feels normal for this phone.

Im not convienced getting a "newer build" will fix it, My phone seemed fine when I got it. This stuff just might happen with weare and tear.
    I'm calling Telesales in the morning & I might just take it back to the store for an exchange. How come so many calls & data on a BN Pre? That's not what I expected after buying a BN Pre.
    Could it be that there is some mileage on a new one that comes from testing the phone before final boxing? Just a thought...
    When I was on the phone this is the (silly) answer given to me, the phone was used by someone & returned before the 30 days were up. Makes no sence to me since that clear stick tape sure looked BN to me when I got it.
    Just got my replacement a couple minutes ago, so we'll see.
    I got my phone yesterday and just checked my 786 and it said the warrantycodedate is 6/19/09 now usually i would be pissed but i checked the phone again and it all looks fine to me a little bit of orea twist but nothing serious. I'm going to either exchange the phone close to my 30 days if it doesn't work good or just trade it in for a tour. Definitely going to exhange if there is even a slight problem that bothers me(oreo twist gets worse).
    Quote Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
    Could it be that there is some mileage on a new one that comes from testing the phone before final boxing? Just a thought...
    I agree , I think there would be testing calls done all units before shipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by aglide View Post
    SUCCESS!

Just got back from picking up my new Pre at Best Buy. The slider is rock solid with an equal less-than-1mm gap all the way around. There aren't any physical defects that I can find at this point, but I haven't had much time with it yet of course.

The WarrantyDateCode is 7/2/2009 and it came out of the box running 1.0.3. It was the first one from the shipment of 13 that they opened.

I'm SO glad I stood my ground and returned the other wobbly Pre at the Sprint store last Friday. It's nice not having to wait for the $100 rebate, and the dude at Best Buy said I can exchange it up to three times in the first 30 days.

In summary: Dear Sprint, Thanks for nuthin!
    What color sleeve was the box?
    btw goodvibes i love your profile picture. I loled
    Came from ATT new to Sprint
    Bought mine at BB on 7/10.
    The WarrantyDateCode is 7/2/2009.
    Slider is solid. I have the battery connection issue. I had to jury rig a spacer so the battery fit more snug. Not so pleased.
    When I was on the phone this is the (silly) answer given to me, the phone was used by someone & returned before the 30 days were up. Makes no sence to me since that clear stick tape sure looked BN to me when I got it.
    Just got my replacement a couple minutes ago, so we'll see.
    That reason is hard to swallow. We buy these things as brand new devices, so I don't see how we could be given one used by someone else for their trial period, at least as our initial first device. Who would know but what the original purchaser dropped the phone during their trial period? I think maybe someone is touting an answer that they really know nothing about.
    Quote Originally Posted by thepinksock View Post
    Came from ATT new to Sprint
    Bought mine at BB on 7/10.
    The WarrantyDateCode is 7/2/2009.
    Slider is solid. I have the battery connection issue. I had to jury rig a spacer so the battery fit more snug. Not so pleased.
    Sorry to hear of your battery issue, but welcome to Sprint and the Pre!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I just got a replacement for my first one yesterday. The date on it is 7/7/09. There is like 2 stuck pixels that you can only notice on certain screens and a little bit of light leakage on the bottom left of the screen. But the slider is definitely more solid that my first pre (i got it when it came out). My first pre had light leakage all along the left side (that I just noticed last night strangely enough... and the slider was all kinds of wobbily.
    I am thinking of keeping this one... but now I looked for the light leakage and pixels it is gonna bother me... (ignorance is bliss). Oh and the replacement came in a white box, with yellow sleeve and the pre on the box had the tropical sunset picture on it.
    you know JackG058, I'm not sure who your remark was for but after opening my 2nd Pre while on the phone w/Sprint, I did a 786, It too had data on it & less calls. Now I'm starting to think after a HRST, you have to reactivate the Pre again but the users or Pre numbers are still there.
    My acceptance for this reasoning is this: the screen (cover of the KB) is worse, Looser than the 1st Pre, I mean Bad. I think the previous owner had this problem & sent it back.
    How hard is it to replace that sticky plastic on the side of the box?
    I called the store for replacement but they said they don't have any.
    True I purchaced my Pre from Tele-e-sales, maybe thats the reason for bad Pre's back to back.
    Battery went dead over night with the new Pre (it's now charging).

This place is for helping others not for being a Smart**s thinking you know it all, we're here to share, to help.
    If you know it all how about share that knowledge with some of us less fortunate.
    I'm getting tired of this Customer Service & bad "sounds' come from these sites.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast