Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Nothing personal, but it's not a matter of "getting you" but a matter of understanding you.
    it's cool
    Quote Originally Posted by aglide View Post
    Wow, 4 people in this thread have reported good sliders on the newer phones. That's pretty encouraging.
    I know. Its interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    LoL...i think u bout an iphone by accident... You may find that multitasking, gestures and synergy don't work too well. ;-)
    OMG are you sure?? How can I tell the difference?
    Dial ##786#
    Wow, 4 people in this thread have reported good sliders on the newer phones. That's pretty encouraging.
    That's not really surprising. Quite often quality control improves shortly after the initial release of a product. Production rates may pick up as well.
    my date is 5-14-09 and Mine has been fine I wonder what other dates have issues
    Funny, mine is 5-14-09 as well and it is fine. No problems at all.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Mine is also 5/14/09, got it on launch day and have had no problems at all.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Definitely seems that Palm is using a different sweat shop with more experienced children assembling the units.
    ˙soə ɹoɟ ƃuıʇıɐʍ ɹəllıʞ "ʇɔuıʇsuı" uɐ ʇuɐʍ ʇsnɾ ı ˙ɹəllıʞ "əuoɥdı" uɐ əq oʇ "ēɹd" ɹoɟ ƃuıʞool ʇou
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Mine is 6-24-09. besides the one dead pixel and the battery issues its fine.
    Pre
    ppcgeeks.com ---- ajk511
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    6-17-09 here and no issues whatsoever.
    2 x 5/25 and all acceptable. Mine has some oreo and the slider sticks on thumbing sometimes, but those are very minor annoyances.
    I'm absolutely convinced I received a better built unit the second time around (it had a 31 day newer warranty date). I wonder if the defects can be traced back to a bad production line or tool. We'll likely never know. In any event, +1 to the group of folks that received better quality 30 days in.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    i just returned mine today for turning off when it closes and i looked at when it was made and itwas made the 3rd and there is no wiggle in the two pieces and it doesnt make the sound when you push the screen like a bb storm so im happy
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltaco View Post
    Definitely seems that Palm is using a different sweat shop with more experienced children assembling the units.
    god bless our little Asian overlords
    I also am looking for where to find the manufacturing date. I looked inside and only see the serial number the hex and dec stuff.

I had to exchange my original Pre which I thought was perfect in every way.

Then discovered that the audio jack was bad but was hoping it was only the provided headset.

It was a bad jack, the left side would play, touch the jack the right, touch the jack they both worked.. etc.

So it was exchanged without any real problems and no wait, immediately.

But this new one, which I thought I had checked in the store to be sure it was good, now seems to be having a problem with the slider being loose.

One minute it feels fine and nice and tight, and the next minute it starts to be an oero (not quite that bad), but it has a strange wiggle.

So I wanted to see the manufacturing date and let you guys know. I had only gotten the new on July 3rd.

Thanks

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by mele View Post
    Dial ##786#
    Todd Mele, by any chance?
    Just wondering if the 7/1 build is coming with 1.0.4 update installed on it? I'm interested in purchasing and I would love to install some of the homebrew apps prior to installing the update if possible, Thanks
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    7/2/2009 on mine, and it didn't have the 1.0.4 update.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    last saturday, I have bought 2 pres.
    1) has a few dead pixels and a white blog when charging on top left corner
    2) has a few dead pixels and slider a little loose
    Both date warranty 6/25/09

I am planning to exchange.. I've bought from sprint corp store. When exchanged, they will give me new pres right?
    .......I got a strong vibe from them that they're competing with the Sprint store or something. He immediately started telling me about how they don't require the $100 rebate at Best Buy as compared to the Sprint store......
    I have a good friend that is a manager at BestBuy. He said the store get a rather large kickback on the phones it sells. So, in a way, they are competing with the Sprint store.
    If Linux doesn't have a solution, then you probably have the wrong problem.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast