Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    "NEW YORK (Reuters) - Sprint Nextel Corp (S.N) expects shortages of Palm Inc's (PALM.O) high-profile Pre smartphone for a while but has not felt any impact from the new iPhone so far, Sprint's chief financial officer said on Tuesday.
    Sprint -- the exclusive U.S. provider of Pre -- sees Pre, which sold out during its launch weekend at the beginning of June, as a key to stemming its subscriber losses. But some analysts have worried that tight supply would hurt sales.

"We still have a backlog of subscribers but it's not unmanageable and we get shipments every week," said Sprint CFO Bob Brust during a Webcast of an investor conference, adding that the shipments are increasing every week.

"We'll be short for a while but we're catching up," said Brust, who sees the phone attracting new customers as well as existing Sprint customers, potentially reducing its subscriber cancellation rate."
    - Reuters

More in the article, but I can't post links yet.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    That many people were leaving sprint hugh?... maybe they should tell that to the store reps who refuse to do anything for Sprints customers...
    SharonW,
    Glad you are here.
    Try posting the links now.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    SharonW,
    Glad you are here.
    Try posting the links now.
    Hey, Manny! I think the rules said I need to have 15 posts before I can link. Dang, there are a lot of seemingly inane rules here. However, given the number of posters and posts, perhaps that has become necessary for quality control and spam issues.
    I thought it was 10...
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    I thought it was 10...
    Maybe you're right. I'll try:

Sprint CFO seeing Pre shortages, no iPhone impact | Reuters

Woohoo! I'm good to go now.