1.    #1  
    When I have the vibrate switch on, my phone calls and notifications vibrate. When Im playing a video and the vibrate switch is on, the audio still goes through. A bug?
    not a bug, supposed to do that.

edit: will also do that with music.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by richcracker View Post
    not a bug, supposed to do that.

edit: will also do that with music.
    Its supposed to do that? Why?
    I thought the ringer switch kills all sounds when switched on.
    Ya it stupid, because my crap started playing at work the other day, totaly dumb.
    Think about it this way: the ringer switch only turns off accidental sounds (notifications, phone calls). Any sounds that you purposefully make come through (alarm clock, media).

I don't think it's stupid, kind of smart actually. As long as you know what to expect, it is useful.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Think about it this way: the ringer switch only turns off accidental sounds (notifications, phone calls). Any sounds that you purposefully make come through (alarm clock, media).

I don't think it's stupid, kind of smart actually. As long as you know what to expect, it is useful.
    Palm took the route of the iPhone. I liked the way the old Treo and every other smartphone worked though, speaker switch, on or off, no questions asked.....

Joe
    I agree...I was in class, and I have a daily reminder set to a song, I set my phone to vibrate...in the middle of class my phone starts playing my daily reminder super loud. I expected it to vibrate because I had my phone on vibrate!
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Ya it stupid, because my crap started playing at work the other day, totaly dumb.

agree i was in a work class and my alarm went off when the instructors already said please turn off cell phone.
    i like the fact that my alaerm now makes sound in the morning. I always put my phone on vibrate when i'm asleep so i dont get woken up for BS, but I always hated that my treo's alarm would not make sounds when i did that, my wifes nokia's alarm make sounds when she put her phone on silent and now I VERY happy my phone does this now!!!
    I am a fan of the new setting..... those of you complaining are doing so more because you didn't read how your new phone works enough to know that it does this.... it's actually quite the upgrade from my prievious phone..... now I can turn my ringer off and nobody can wake me with a drunk text or phone call at 2am but my alarm still wakes me.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I see benefits to either mode of operation. It would be nice if the behavior was at least user definable, either a blanket setting that applies to all media and alarms/alerts, or configurable per alarm/alert.
    Quote Originally Posted by babydaddy75 View Post
    I am a fan of the new setting..... those of you complaining are doing so more because you didn't read how your new phone works enough to know that it does this.... it's actually quite the upgrade from my prievious phone..... now I can turn my ringer off and nobody can wake me with a drunk text or phone call at 2am but my alarm still wakes me.
    We know that it does this. Those that have used Treos for years LIKE the fact that you have one switch to make it not emit ANY sound. This is a good FEATURE. We LIKE it.

It might be an upgrade from your previous phone, it would be a down grade in that functionality from my current phone, a 755p.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    We know that it does this. Those that have used Treos for years LIKE the fact that you have one switch to make it not emit ANY sound. This is a good FEATURE. We LIKE it.

It might be an upgrade from your previous phone, it would be a down grade in that functionality from my current phone, a 755p.
    ummmm... not all of the old treo users. I came from a 700p and i LOVE the fact that the pre does what it does.It is deff a GREAT upgrade from the way my treo worked.
    Yeah my "old phone" was centro and the one before it a treo 650 so don't portend to speak for all old treo users..... I will give you that if your unable or unwilling to keep up with your own alarms so that you risk being embarrased in class or at work or whatever then yes you would benefit from a software solution letting you set either option. I like the above poster think it's an upgrade and classifying it as a bug is silly.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I've unfortunately found this feature very intrusive at times. At the least I'd like to see a future update allow more customization in regards to total mute, etc.

My problem arises from the disturbing "ding" sound that occurs when a call is missed, or a voicemail arrives. I use my Pre for business, and I'm constantly on the phone. Many times I receive a call while I'm already on the phone, and need to allow the call to ring through to voicemail. Unfortunately the missed call "ding" and voicemail "ding" are very distracting and interfere with the call I'm currently on.
    Gee, it's as if ex-Apple employees designed this phone instead of Palm employees. I don't guess any bothered to even use a Treo for a while before creating the Pre.
    +1 for liking it. Ignore all the BS during the night but still have my alarm in the morning, Yay Pre