Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I have been on the waitlist at Best Buy since launch. They just called me to say they are now taking pre-orders for the Pre. A $50 deposit will guarantee you a Pre on or before July 8 if you pre-order by the end of the month.
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Pre-orders for a phone that's been out for 3 weeks?
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Pre-orders for a phone that's been out for 3 weeks?
    hmm...doesn't make sense does it? like Best Buy still taking pre-orders for the Wii
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Pre = Palm Pre phone
    Order = phone not in stock, must be ordered

makes sense for Pre...not Wii though
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Same situation. My wife was still on the launch day waiting list and received the $50 call last night. So, we went to the Sprint store.

Something weird is going on behind the scenes with Sprint and Best Buy on this deal. We wanted to avoid the mail-in rebate, but this is ridiculous.
    I think Best Buy cut a deal with Palm/Sprint. I was also guaranteed a phone no later than the 8th of July. If you are on the list at Best Buy make sure do the Pre-Order deal because the Pre-Order list now goes first then the original list they had will be used.
    I would never "loan" a store money to hold something for me unless they could tell me when it will be in stock, and on then charge my card for it.

That said, I think this is going to be interesting to watch. Is the Pre a hot enough item that folks will do this? If it's successfuly for Best Buy, then I think that speaks volumes about the demand.
    In the same boat, got my 50 dollar call yesterday. They just rang it up and gave a giftcard. Im jus happy ill more than likely have one on lock. Most of the Sprint stores and BB's have multiple page waiting lists.
    Is Best Buy still offering the $100 MIR instantly? I don't need it since I already own my Pre but I can pass this on to others that would like the Pre.
    If you get the 50$ gift card it's not that bad, i hate best buy and don't usually shop there, but sure you can find something to spend the 50 bucks on. If not sell it to a dude in the parking lot.
    I am #2 in line on a piece of blank printer paper that is evidently my local store's waiting list.

I've not gotten any calls of any sort despite registering for this list last week.

This weekend I'm hitting damn near every store in Houston to find one and if I come up empty, either going to the iphone 3Gs or the android G2. Either way, I need a new phone as my mogul has bit the dust.
    just some clarification, but they are getting a new batch and this 50 dollar deposit is to guarantee your phone. it will put you ahead of anyone on the waiting list that hasn't put a deposit. you give them 50 dollars, they give you a 50 dollar gift card. you then use that towards your phone or most likely some accessories. you do not get the 50 dollar gift card and the 50 dollar deposit to use towards your phone as some others have mentioned. i hope i have clarified this a little bit better
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post
    I am #2 in line on a piece of blank printer paper that is evidently my local store's waiting list.

I've not gotten any calls of any sort despite registering for this list last week.

This weekend I'm hitting damn near every store in Houston to find one and if I come up empty, either going to the iphone 3Gs or the android G2. Either way, I need a new phone as my mogul has bit the dust.
    If you really want a Pre, I'd suggest (if you don't find one) going to one of the Sprint stores and see what they can do for you. I'll bet you can find one that will get you a loaner until more Pre's come in.