Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    Here is an interesting document I found on the intranet of my company (really large IT company...).

    We don't learn that much but it sounds that companies are interested into the PrPrPré $even$ $if$ $there$ $are$ $still$ $security$ $issues$ $as$ $it$ $is$ $explained$ $in$ $the$ $document$.

    Be carreful RIM... Palm is coming!!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
  2. pomokey's Avatar
    Posts
    526 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    #2  
    interesting, but apparently I need new glasses. I thought the title of this thread said 3009, and I was disappointed, yet impressed that palm was confident the pre would be around for that long :P
    neathings - neat·things and apps for webOS
  3.    #3  
    LOL, hopefully Palm will still be there in 3009... but we won't!!!
  4. #4  
    I think it's interesting that the report does not mention the ability to lock down the device to only run certain apps. In my opinion, without this ability, the other features (PIN locking and remote wipe) lock the front door, but leaves the back door wide open.

    It's good though, that they seem positive about the prospects of the Pre.
  5. KOMO's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by woonbat View Post
    LOL, hopefully Palm will still be there in 3009... but we won't!!!
    Psh..speak for yourself
  6. vMAC's Avatar
    Posts
    217 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I think it's interesting that the report does not mention the ability to lock down the device to only run certain apps. In my opinion, without this ability, the other features (PIN locking and remote wipe) lock the front door, but leaves the back door wide open.

    It's good though, that they seem positive about the prospects of the Pre.
    As far as I'm aware wm6 doesn't even allow this either.
  7. SharonW's Avatar
    Posts
    402 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by woonbat View Post
    Here is an interesting document I found on the intranet of my company (really large IT company...).

    We don't learn that much but it sounds that companies are interested into the PrPrPré $even$ $if$ $there$ $are$ $still$ $security$ $issues$ $as$ $it$ $is$ $explained$ $in$ $the$ $document$.

    Be carreful RIM... Palm is coming!!!!

    DUDE! Serious thanks for the freebie Gartner Report. Q3 sounds so far away and yet:

    Recommendations
    • The Palm Pre can only be supported within the concierge level of Gartner's enterprise
    managed diversity model (see "Use Managed Diversity to Support Mobile Devices").
    • Enterprise IT should investigate the Palm Pre now in anticipation of strong user demand.
    • Enterprises should delay support for the Palm Pre until it adds enterprise support for missing security policies, which are expected within the next three months.
    Date of report 6/10/09, puts that at the end of the summer.

    BTW, here's more on business support that should prove incredibly attractive:

    "Other companies will choose the Pre for its business applications, says Alves. It's a surprising idea now, as the Palm App Catalog is still tiny and doesn't currently stock any enterprise-focused applications. But Alves says customer relationship management (CRM) apps from Oracle and Salesforce.com ( CRM - news - people ) will launch soon. Those applications, in turn, will drive adoption among Oracle and Salesforce's many customers, he says."

    Selling Palm Pre To Business Users - Forbes.com

    Is Apple doing anything like that with the iPhone? Honest question, I have no idea, but I do know CRM apps are very important.
  8. #8  
    3Q09 starts in about 8 days

Posting Permissions