Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1.    #61  
    aight guys heres what i got...

there were only a few questions i could squeeze in between everyone googling over the pre so im sorry i could only squeeze a couple of em in...and the ones i asked she pretty much blew me off. i got run around answers.

the gal was faily uneducated w specific dates

yes there will be some form of biweekly updates if nothing else it will be once a month.

video and visual voicemail is a 3rd party thing...no specifics

signal strength issue was a totall waste of breath..."uhhhh i think its more coverage area than anything" was her reply. to which i described my prob that i had experienced w mine, sitting doin nothin on the phone watching the signal bounce....she blames sprint pretty much.

pin/wipe should be in the next 2 months....HOPEFULLY

group texting should be soon.....HOPEFULLY

i know i got far from all of em covered let alone half but they hardly gave us time for questions w her. Im sorry i feel like i let alot of you down by not being able to answer em so feel free to PM me and i will email her some specifics....but please dont make her as a contact a burden on either of us. if its a really good question that we havent heard a runaround befor with and lots of people will bennifit from i will gladly pass the questions along.
    Your Favorite Pre totin Sprint Rep
    damn those answered are really not specific, but thanks for taking the time to try anyways. Only so much you can do...
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jknorr View Post
    ask about when the flash player will be up.
    Already announced on another thread yesterday:

"Apple's (Nasdaq: AAPL) iPhone and Research In Motion's (Nasdaq: RIMM) BlackBerry won't be getting the beta version of Flash Player 10 at the Adobe Max conference in October. Flash will be making its official debut on the Google (Nasdaq: GOOG) Android, Symbian, webOS (Palm) and Windows Mobile operating system platforms, Adobe CEO Shantanu Narayen announced during his company's latest earnings conference call."

Technology News: Operating Systems: Flash to Brighten Most Smartphones - iPhone, BlackBerry to Stay Dim
    ask them why they opted with the cheap *** build material
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    I want to know if she was hot and if you took any pictures?
  6.    #66  
    dang it, i totally should have! actually she was pretty cute. she definately had my attention the entire time....for one reason or another.
    Your Favorite Pre totin Sprint Rep
    We're going to have to pay up if we want visual voicemail. If video isn't free, there will be a REVOLT. My Centro did that for free. It better be HD video with editing if they want to charge.
    I want to say thanks for asking and trying. Not what I wanted to hear, but great effort.

SIGNAL - that is my issue. All the other things will come, hacks and apps will evolve, but it is a PHONE. It is NOT Sprint. I set with 4 other various types of Sprint phones, hell our Nextel has better service than this and that is sad! Come to think of it, maybe its hooking onto Nextel's towers, that would explain all my DROPPED calls and fluctuating bars, just like yours.

It is not Sprint, it is the phone. I really, really want to see Palm succeed with Sprint as their partner. With poor call quality, these are likely to start rolling in the first week of July.

I will hold on, it is beta testing, but someone should've been in boonies before these were released talking on the phone and seeing that something needed to be done. Bells, whistles, fun things are cool, but it is a phone and needs to be used as one such.
    I just wanted to state that I have had good signal and zero dropped calls since I got the phone.

Everyone seems to be bashing the phone's reception ability but it's just as good as my Treo 650 was for the most part. I get a bit of signal fluctuation at work but it hardly ever goes off network. Sometimes it roams, but big whoop. Roaming is free and included in the plan.

My Treo sometimes roamed too.

I just wanted to add a positive experience to the list to balance out the negative. Usually the happy people don't complain, so reading these forums makes you feel like the world is ending!

-Z
    Last edited by zorinlynx; 06/24/2009 at 09:24 AM. Reason: typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post

I will hold on, it is beta testing, but someone should've been in boonies before these were released talking on the phone and seeing that something needed to be done. Bells, whistles, fun things are cool, but it is a phone and needs to be used as one such.
    I have no way of knowing if this happend with the Pre, but a historic problem with Sprint "testing" is that they give the new phone to VPs and other high up execs and thats pretty much it. Perhaps they think they can trust them to follow the NDA but it makes for very poor testing for real world users. If they use the phone at all, these execs usually give it to an assistant to program for them to so they can make a few calls and read a few emails while at the office then fill out their user report. Many "testers" are not even allowed to leave the building with the device. No doubt some really use it but we are talking about Sprint Vice Pres at Sprint HQ, not your average user.

Of course it does go to the "lab" for testing but that again is not real world use. Sprint just does not give the phone out to people who are real users of the device to test it under real circumstances. I had talked to Sprint Execs from Kansas City about this several times a couple of years back and, back in the days of the 650 we had emails from insiders that confirmed the same thing. Sprint (at least used to) does not real-world test well. Look at the initial sound quality problems with the 650 and other devices (my kids have had several Sprint phones that had to be returned as unusable), all of the issues with the Mogel and so on.

Again, I have no info on if this is what happened to the Pre and my
    Sprint contacts were from before the split with Embarq and before Hesse arrived but would be interesting if anybody could find out if they had the same M.O.with the PRe.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I want to chime in on the signal issue. I signed up with sprint 2 weeks ago. They didnt have a Pre available at the time, so I went with the HTC Touch Pro. Within that week, the Pres came in, and I traded phones. I used the HTC for about 4 days, playing on the internet in my office, texting, making calls with no issue. The Pre on the other hand, constantly switches to roaming. My fear is that this will cost me up the arse in roaming fees, which is total BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by terra4mer View Post
    I want to chime in on the signal issue. I signed up with sprint 2 weeks ago. They didnt have a Pre available at the time, so I went with the HTC Touch Pro. Within that week, the Pres came in, and I traded phones. I used the HTC for about 4 days, playing on the internet in my office, texting, making calls with no issue. The Pre on the other hand, constantly switches to roaming. My fear is that this will cost me up the arse in roaming fees, which is total BS.
    Sprint doesn't charge roaming fees on most plans, including any plan you can have a Pre on.
    There was a rep at the Sprint store when I was there asking about the heat issue. He was CLUELESS and worthless. Don't count on much speaking to them. He told me that it was the battery even though my battery is cool.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234