Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My school uses Windows live mail for my e-mail account. Any Idea how to sync this with the Pre?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by theChrisLake View Post
    My school uses Windows live mail for my e-mail account. Any Idea how to sync this with the Pre?

Thanks!
    I have something here for you........let me see.......where is it..........o here it is............SEARCH.
    Quote Originally Posted by tripsbacks View Post
    I have something here for you........let me see.......where is it..........o here it is............SEARCH.
    This is better: Let me google that for you

http://tinyurl.com/n5u9ad
    Thanks!
    I could swear that this kind of info was printed the very basic manual that came with the phone was it not?

While the forum is a great place to ask questions you will always receive a more resourceful/helpful/less sarcastic response when you try and help yourself first.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks Guys for replying. I apologize for not searching first. I will keep this in mind for my future thread posts.

Thanks!
    All "bud of jokes" aside, there isn't native support included. However, clever hackers who've dugg into the ROM discovered placeholders for MSN...so I would think that LiveMail could eventually be included.
    ....Article here....
    Thanks Guys for replying. I apologize for not searching first. I will keep this in mind for my future thread posts.
    No prob...we all did this for the first time once as well.
    We should have little buttons we can hit indicating "what a jerk" for responses like tripsbacks. 90% of the crap on these sites is mostly whining about tiny little stuff, unlike your questions which is a real issue (I still haven't figured out how to fix it, despite searching and reading many articles, etc. etc.) You should not be afraid to ask questions. Tripsback, your snarky response merits at least one Jerk mark.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    no i think what he means, cause i have the same issue, is how to get the live contacts from .live to the pre. i still have not been able to sync mine up. i gave up after a few days looking from the launch. the live contacts never sync'd in my outlook so they are still out there

mt
    All in good fun. It's like a right of passage. Welcome to the brotherhood, brother!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgmt View Post
    no i think what he means, cause i have the same issue, is how to get the live contacts from .live to the pre. i still have not been able to sync mine up. i gave up after a few days looking from the launch. the live contacts never sync'd in my outlook so they are still out there

mt
    I don't have enough posts to insert links, but here's some directions on transferring Windows Live contacts and mail to Gmail.

email.about.com/od/gmailtips/qt/Import_Windows_Live_Hotmail_Messages_and_Contacts_Into_Gmail.htm
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by B-rod View Post
    We should have little buttons we can hit indicating "what a jerk" for responses like tripsbacks. 90% of the crap on these sites is mostly whining about tiny little stuff, unlike your questions which is a real issue (I still haven't figured out how to fix it, despite searching and reading many articles, etc. etc.) You should not be afraid to ask questions. Tripsback, your snarky response merits at least one Jerk mark.
    Thanks, I'm still having some issues with the validation of the account. Someone from Microsoft is going to respnd to me (shortly). When I get a response I will post what they say about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-rod View Post
    Actually, my Jerk totals should be higher than one. I was just doing my civic duty. Lol. I really meant no offense, I was being sarcastic though. That's the only bad thing about the written word. HOW something is said can make the difference.

I am a member of many forums online although I have only been here for over a month. This board moves faster than some others because of all the excitement and newness of the Pre. It's already somewhat time consuming having to look through every new thread. Most of all these new questions can be answered simply by searching. It's true that I could just ignore all the new posts that seem redundant but it seems like they never stop.

I promise you that if they kept this forum open but stopped all posting from everyone, people would still find 90 percent of what they are looking for by simply reading what was already here.

Which gives me a good idea. What if everytime someone joined the forum they could not post until they were a member for 10 days? During this time the only way you could get any info at all would be to search for it.

If you knew me in person you would know that I was just messing with the OP. Let me welcome both of you here and if I really offended any of you then please accept my apology, and b-rod, I forgive you for calling me "Tripsback". It's "tripsbacks".

OUT

Thanks!
    Do you mean xxx at live.com? I just add my name at live.com account to my Pre and that's it. It just sync and got email...
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by casperstar View Post
    Do you mean xxx at live.com? I just add my name at live.com account to my Pre and that's it. It just sync and got email...
    It's actually a different domain name than live but it still uses live servers and works just like hotmail. I've entered in all the information but it says my account could not be validated.
    It's actually a different domain name than live but it still uses live servers and works just like hotmail. I've entered in all the information but it says my account could not be validated.
    I happened to have an account similar to yours. It's furtwaengler.cn and it uses live server. Here is what I did on my pre.
    1. add an account and pre will try to sign in
    2. when it fails, you can then setup the server manually
    3. here, use the same setting for your microsoft hotmail, msn or live account

That's it. It then sync and retrieve your mail from the live server. At least it works for me. If you still have problem, I think you need talk to the IT who responsible for the server configuration.
    Mine is Hotmail too, and I was having the same problem getting connected. Someone posted manual setup settings on one of the Hotmail threads a few days back, and once I put those in it worked.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by casperstar View Post
    I happened to have an account similar to yours. It's furtwaengler.cn and it uses live server. Here is what I did on my pre.
    1. add an account and pre will try to sign in
    2. when it fails, you can then setup the server manually
    3. here, use the same setting for your microsoft hotmail, msn or live account

That's it. It then sync and retrieve your mail from the live server. At least it works for me. If you still have problem, I think you need talk to the IT who responsible for the server configuration.
    I've done this and to no avail. I think your right, I should probably see an IT guy.

Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Mine is Hotmail too, and I was having the same problem getting connected. Someone posted manual setup settings on one of the Hotmail threads a few days back, and once I put those in it worked.
    Do you have a link? If so that would be great. I'll also search for it.
    Couldn't find the link, but the settings on my phone are:

POP

pop3.live.com
    PORT #995
    SSL encryption

smtp.live.com
    Authentication off
    PORT #587
    TLS encryption

Hope that works for you.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post