Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For the first time since I got my Pre, I was using my Apple iTouch last night. I wanted to buy I song I heard on Pandora and since my music is in iTunes, the Touch is natural.

Wow...talk about being Pre spoiled! It was so frustrating. First, I kept trying to use gestures to go back. Seriously. Now it seems ludicrous to look for back arrows. Then, it was SO frustrating to have to close iTunes and bring up my music player...then close it to bring up the browser to look up the name of the band. And, even though I got very good with the virtual keyboard, having to use it last night SUCKED.

Pre-spoiled in 2.5 weeks...didn't think that would happen.

(BTW, I love the iTouch so this is not meant to be a FLAME APPLE post).
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    What's an iTouch? Sounds like a sex toy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbc28 View Post
    What's an iTouch? Sounds like a sex toy.
    Boy, now that's an idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by tripsbacks View Post
    Boy, now that's an idea!
    You know Apple, they will get into anything!
    Why didn't you just use AmazonMP3? You can bring it up straight from Pandora, and the resulting MP3 will probably be cheaper than iTunes (iTunes loves to charge more than $1 for a song now) and you can still keep it in your iTunes library.
    Quote Originally Posted by katmandoo122 View Post
    For the first time since I got my Pre, I was using my Apple iTouch last night. I wanted to buy I song I heard on Pandora and since my music is in iTunes, the Touch is natural.

Wow...talk about being Pre spoiled! It was so frustrating. First, I kept trying to use gestures to go back. Seriously. Now it seems ludicrous to look for back arrows. Then, it was SO frustrating to have to close iTunes and bring up my music player...then close it to bring up the browser to look up the name of the band. And, even though I got very good with the virtual keyboard, having to use it last night SUCKED.

This is really good to know. I'm looking into buying a stand-alone media player. Zune, iTouch, Sony and Samsung have been top of my list. Been leaning towards the upcoming Zune HD but I think this pretty much drops iTouch from my list completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by sproctor61 View Post
    You know Apple, they will get into anything!
    Let's not give Apple any ideas, please! Then, they'll act like they invented sex toys, as well.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts

Youre using an iPod Touch to listen to pandora use the safari browser to look up the artist and then use the iTunes app to buy the song? You can't be that Pre-spoiled if you're relying so heavily on the iPod Touch to get basic tasks done.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Let's not give Apple any ideas, please! Then, they'll act like they invented sex toys, as well.

I'm pretty sure they have an app for that
    I've used my Ipod Touch a few times since I got my Pre and I also find myself trying to use gestures. It is slowly becoming an obsolete toy....
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
  11. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts

The Pre way of doing things i.e. swiping plus cards view are the best UI we have seen ever on a phone. Period. The APPS are sluggish , and the OS platform as a whole is not nimble , but boy the UI , the swipes ..... it rocks.
  12. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Youre using an iPod Touch to listen to pandora use the safari browser to look up the artist and then use the iTunes app to buy the song? You can't be that Pre-spoiled if you're relying so heavily on the iPod Touch to get basic tasks done.
    Clicking on te back button or home button will waste your time on iPod Touch or on iPhone compared to Pre
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    I still play games on my iPod touch, but I do keep trying to do gestures. Its kinda funny IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Yeah, maybe there were sex toys before the Itouch, but never with the build quality, a glass capacitive touch screen, multi-touch, and 4,000,0000,000 apps!! My Itouch sex toy can make fart sounds and is the COOLEST, HIPPEST, MOST UNIQUE sex toy owned by millions of yuppies across the globe!!! THE SEX TOY REVOLUTION IS HERE COURTESY OF STEVE JOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    The Pre way of doing things i.e. swiping plus cards view are the best UI we have seen ever on a phone. Period. The APPS are sluggish , and the OS platform as a whole is not nimble , but boy the UI , the swipes ..... it rocks.
    I like the swipe gesture, but I don't find it to be consistent in response. Sometimes I try to swipe and it doesn't quite leave the page making me retry again. And I've also unintentionally swiped off entire SMS conversations and emails when I know I didn't do a full swipe. There definitely should be an undo/unswipe feature.

As for the idea that phone swiping is affecting someone outside of the Pre... I don't get that. We use dozens of different UI's throughout our day (ATM's, DVR, MP3 Players, Desktop OS's, Car Stereos etc) so to suddenly become "challenged" by a familiar UI that you've been using for years is silly.
    its called an iPod Touch. There is no such thing as an iTouch.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    its called an iPod Touch. There is no such thing as an iTouch.
    Not that we know of . . . yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    Not that we know of . . . yet.
    I guess I should have said "no apple product called itouch". I'm sure I would get interesting responses to a "itouch" google search.
    to buy the song you're listening to from pandora app for the ipod touch/iphone is 3 clicks. Press the up arrow in between the thumbs up and thumbs down in the Pandora app (1 click), then click "Buy from iTunes" (2 clicks). It launches the iTunes app right from the device and loads up the track and everything. Pick which version you want (3 clicks) and you're done.

EDIT: If you weren't listening to the track you wanted to buy that would be a slightly different story, but it sounds like you were.
    Quote Originally Posted by xyion1 View Post
    EDIT: If you weren't listening to the track you wanted to buy that would be a slightly different story, but it sounds like you were.
    I think OP was using the Pandora app on the Pre.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast