Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by artitumis View Post
    I think OP was using the Pandora app on the Pre.
    Maybe...thats not how I read the post. I'm even more confused now
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    As for the idea that phone swiping is affecting someone outside of the Pre... I don't get that. We use dozens of different UI's throughout our day (ATM's, DVR, MP3 Players, Desktop OS's, Car Stereos etc) so to suddenly become "challenged" by a familiar UI that you've been using for years is silly.
    I was thinking the exact thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    As for the idea that phone swiping is affecting someone outside of the Pre... I don't get that. We use dozens of different UI's throughout our day (ATM's, DVR, MP3 Players, Desktop OS's, Car Stereos etc) so to suddenly become "challenged" by a familiar UI that you've been using for years is silly.
    It doesn't strike me as silly. The OP surely uses his/her Pre a lot and in similar ways to his Touch. The devices are very similar in a lot of ways, including that they both are multi-touch devices. I've found myself doing Pre things on my gfs phone (unsuccesfully), which was mine for the last 6 or 7 months. It only takes a second to get back into the flow of using the other phone, but I can see what the OP means. It's kinda like being on a boat for a couple of hours then walking on land again. You don't forget how to walk on land, but it feels a little funny for a while.
    I still have my Treo as backup and I do find myself swiping at it. And of course LMAO!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I find it funny that I used to consider my iPod touch my baby (I have no children, so I can do that, haha). Now I only use it when I'm mowing the lawn because I don't want to expose my Pre to getting dirty. Lol. But I, too, find myself trying to do gestures or being frustrated that I have to back out of one thing to do another.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbc28 View Post
    What's an iTouch? Sounds like a sex toy.
    Yes, FAIL indeed for calling it iTouch.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I'm currently using my Pre, a Treo 755p and a Blackberry - talk about confusing myself.....I'm constantly trying to trackball the treo, touch screen the Blackberry and use gestures on both as well. The Pre has become so intuative I get annoyed while using the other 2.
    I'm glad I don't have any other handheld touch based devices! My mind! I do have a Samsung P2 MP3 player which is a great little gadget but only use it for traveling. Now I've been using my Pre for Pandora, my normal music and a plethora of other things. I've not tried connecting my Bose earphones to it yet, but we'll see how that goes.
    Since getting the Pre, I've left my iPod at home quite a few times. There was a time, I would turn the car around and go home if I left it. Now it's kinda, oh well. It's weird, because I can't listen to my audio books on my Pre and I basically use the iPod for books and news Podcasts.

If audible make audio in a format so that the Pre can use it, the iPod will be retired to a bookreader that reads me to sleep at night.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Even if I end up getting the Pre I will still be using my iPod touch. My car came with a stereo that gives you full function of iPod devices. I still use my touch even though I now have a Samsung NC10 always at the side of my chair. I used to wiki on the touch all the time while watching tv. I had heard rumors that Apple was coming out with an 8" 16:9 ratio tablet Mac, something that may end up replacing my NC10.
    ˙soə ɹoɟ ƃuıʇıɐʍ ¡ɹəllıʞ "ʇɔuıʇsuı" uɐ ʇuɐʍ ʇsnɾ ı ˙ɹəllıʞ "əuoɥdı" uɐ əq oʇ "ēɹd" ɹoɟ ƃuıʞool ʇou
  11. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn McKenzie View Post
    Why didn't you just use AmazonMP3? You can bring it up straight from Pandora, and the resulting MP3 will probably be cheaper than iTunes (iTunes loves to charge more than $1 for a song now) and you can still keep it in your iTunes library.
    Speaking of AmazonMP3, I've never used it before, but after downloading 2 drm-free songs from them I don't think I'm buying through iTunes again.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Ya I still use my ipod touch as an mp3 player when I workout, there are so many apps I still use, especially since it's jailbroken too. I catch free wi-fi at the gym from the pizza store next door so I use logmein app, or surf the net during cool off time. LOL..I even use fring to voip call my wife sometimes just for kicks..
    Since my device was just the iPod.It was a couple of lists for the gym, but primarily audio book and podcasts. I can get the podcasts on the Pre & with Pandora, L'm not loading music
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12