1.    #1  
    Palm Pre Teardown

dont know if anyone has posted this up here yet but here is a COMPLETE tear apart of a Pre for anyone interested in how its put together

edit, more cool info from that site
    http://www.ifixit.com/blog/?p=893
    Last edited by djdisturbed; 06/23/2009 at 11:39 AM.
  2. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    yep its sweet twas a great guide when i took a pre apart!
    otherwise it would of deff taken me longer to do it..the build quality was actually good it was just the outside plastics that leave something to be desired
    the KB is SO thin
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
  3.    #3  
    yeah, kinda cool to see how its put together (for those like me who always wonders) without having to void the warranty on our own phone. Found this while i was looking for part to fix my powerbook g4.
  4.    #4  
    it does not look as hard as i tought to take it apart (but it still looks diffucult to do it in a way that you can put it back together easily)
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    yep its sweet twas a great guide when i took a pre apart!
    otherwise it would of deff taken me longer to do it..the build quality was actually good it was just the outside plastics that leave something to be desired
    the KB is SO thin
    D94, what hold the top part of the screen to the bottom part? Is there something in the middle to tighten up or how is that setup? I was not able to tell on that website.