Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I heard it before, but I experienced it yesterday. While talking on my phone I got in my car and plugged my Pre in the the Aux port for my stereo. I set my phone down by the stick shift and my GF (on the phone) said she could hear me better that on my BT headset! Not to mention listening someone over the car speakers makes it that much easier to hear.

Just thought it was awesome!
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    Yeah, I was telling one of my friends yesterday how the Pre has suddenly turned into an instant mega upgrade for my car entertainment system -- I now have many features I'd expect from a $1000 kit and then some.

Hands free calling without needing bluetooth or special mic installed? Check.
    Advanced turn-by-turn GPS navigation? Check.
    Full featured MP3 player? Check.
    Internet radio streaming from the car? Check. Don't try this with your Pioneer system.
    All while charging the phone? Check.

It's awesome how the Pandora/Music Player app/Sprint Nav/Telephone app work so well together simultaenously -- my only gripe is that sometimes I wish Sprint Nav would pause the music instead of lowering the volume.

And it's so easy to set up. Just get in the car, put the phone on the touchstone, plug in the audio cable and you're ready to go. No fuss, no mess. This phone continues to get awesomer.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Being that the pre's jack supports a microphone, does a standard 3.5mm headphone "cord" work to connect to the stereo, or do you need a particular plug style?
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
    Yeah, and that makes me even more disappointed that my G35 doesn't have an aux port. Makes me wish I'd have waited a year to get the car...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishous View Post
    Being that the pre's jack supports a microphone, does a standard 3.5mm headphone "cord" work to connect to the stereo, or do you need a particular plug style?
    Yep, just use a standard stereo 3.5mm cord (two black lines on the plug). It appears that when the Pre doesn't detect a microphone connection (which have 3 black lines on the plug, look at the headphones that came with it) on the headphone plug, it automatically uses the external mic for voice. And it works very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by sveilien View Post
    I heard it before, but I experienced it yesterday. While talking on my phone I got in my car and plugged my Pre in the the Aux port for my stereo. I set my phone down by the stick shift and my GF (on the phone) said she could hear me better that on my BT headset! Not to mention listening someone over the car speakers makes it that much easier to hear.

Just thought it was awesome!
    Word! I second that.
    that's pretty sweet.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Thanks! That's what I suspected!
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Can I do this with an FM modulator? I have an older stereo without an acc plug?
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Yeah, and that makes me even more disappointed that my G35 doesn't have an aux port. Makes me wish I'd have waited a year to get the car...
    do u have SAT in your G35? There is a way to add an aux input - i have it on my nissan with bose + sat input. since i didnt have the actual factory satellite antenna hooked up, i was able to add the aux input.

look for AAI-NIS2. it plugs into the sat input of ur nissan/infiniti, and adds 2 RCA inputs. go to radio shack and buy a RCA to 3.5 mini cable, and voila. i use this as an ipod input for road trips
    Does the person on the other end get an echo or any feedback? Basically, does the phone filter out the sound coming from the car speakers from going back into the mic?
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tflb View Post

should work fine, just poorer sound quality

I use a cassette adapter
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
  13.    #13  
    If the modulator has a standard stereo input, it should work just fine. I had the stereo up fairly loud and the noise cancellation did its job.
    or you can get one of these:

Amazon.com: Macally PodTape iPod Cassette Tape Car Adapter: Electronics

I wouldnt get that one, as per the bad reviews but I just wanted to give you an idea of another solution!
    I wouldn't, unless you want people in neighboring cars to be able to tune into your conversation.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by robot123 View Post
    Does the person on the other end get an echo or any feedback? Basically, does the phone filter out the sound coming from the car speakers from going back into the mic?
    When I tried it yesterday, the person I was talking said I was clear with no echo. My phone was about 3.5 feet away from my face, down in the console area. I did speak somewhat loudly, but the person on the other end hear clearly everything I said.
    Nice nice nice!!!!
    I'm actually considering getting a new car sterio. If I do, what features do I need to make sure it has to be able to fully unleash the power of the Pre?
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremym27 View Post
    I'm actually considering getting a new car sterio. If I do, what features do I need to make sure it has to be able to fully unleash the power of the Pre?
    Aux input. That's it
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I agree. Did this in the Jeep last week. It rocks!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast