Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    How did you guys get this to work?? When I plug my Pre into my AUX-in on my car stereo, it automatically turns off the mic on my Pre. I can here the person on the other end through my radio, but they can't hear me at all. The only way they can hear me is if I turn on speakerphone on the Pre, but when I do that, it disables the 3.5mm port on the Pre and then I can't hear them through my radio any more! How do you turn on speakerphone and keep the 3.5mm port active at the same time!? Thanks for any help you guys can give me!
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    Aux input. That's it
    Or bluetooth phone and media player connectivity, then no need for wires. Head units with these features can be had for under $200. I just got my Pre a couple days ago so have it paired with my hu over bluetooth for phone calls. I need to play around some more to see if I can get it to pair as an audio player and use Pandora. If not will have to use the aux in port.

Another handy feature to have on a hu is usb input. I keep my music on a memory stick and use that in the car, very easy setup and tucks out of the way in the glove box.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    It appears that when the Pre doesn't detect a microphone connection (which have 3 black lines on the plug, look at the headphones that came with it) on the headphone plug, it automatically uses the external mic for voice. And it works very well
    Hmmmmm....I am using a standard cable without a built-in mic but my Pre still disables the external mic.... Does anybody know why?
    Quote Originally Posted by tflb View Post
    Can I do this with an FM modulator? I have an older stereo without an acc plug?
    Amazon.com: Monster RadioPlay 300 Universal Full Spectrum FM Transmitter (MBL-FM XMTR300): Electronics

Well recommended. The only FM transmitter I've ever tried that did not suck.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    the mic on this phone is superb, everyphone ive ever owned speakerphone worked like crap, but on this one i use it all the time, but i started that bc when i used the phone and held it to my shoulder with my ear it distorts or something anyone else have this problem?
    im probly in the wrong thread to ask but oh well .
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximo_ View Post
    Hmmmmm....I am using a standard cable without a built-in mic but my Pre still disables the external mic.... Does anybody know why?
    Exactly my experience. I'm on vacation (my car's back at home so I can't experiment for a few days) but my guess is...

Since I tried it once when I placed a call to a friend and he never heard me through the mic, it must only work for received calls. I haven't been listening to music through the tape deck adapter while receiving a call yet so I can't be sure. Not being able to place a call with this setup could be a problem, but I think I've found an answer to that from a post elsewhere in this forum. It's a mic/stereo adapter from Seidio for $15:

http://store.precentral.net/seidio-h...11A75A2929.htm

Can anyone confirm that it only works for incoming calls?

Can anyone confirm that the Seidio adapter will allow it to work for outgoing calls?
    My head unit doesn't have an aux port. Boooo. If one had the aux port what cable do you use? A dual 3.5mm cable?
    Completely agree with OP.

I've mounted Touchstone above the radio of my car and Pre sticks on it facing me at about 2 feet distance. At this position, it's perfect to look at Pre's screen and also talk on it.

I also leave it plugged in to Aux of my audio. While I'm driving, I have Pandora, Sprint Nav, Mail and Phone apps running.

Regarding Mic sound quality, non of the callers ever noticed that I was on Speaker phone. Mic quality must be top notch.

I used to have bluetooth headset and Garmin Nuvi in my car. With current set up with Pre, I don't need any of that. As a matter of fact, I removed my Nuvi from windshield and only use it when I need to do complex routing with multiple via points.

Another plus of having Touchston in my car is that between my commute and lunch trips, my Pre still has at least 70 to 80 percent of battery left by the time I get home!

Happy with Pre so far... Now only if someone did something about the notification lights.....
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
    @niospecv;
    Yeah just 3.5mm male end stereo cable.... BTW Go Longhorns! Class of 99 here..
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
    Quote Originally Posted by halmo20 View Post
    @niospecv;
    Yeah just 3.5mm male end stereo cable.... BTW Go Longhorns! Class of 99 here..
    Thanks. Go Horns!!! They better win game 3 tonight to take home the College World Series Championship.
    my wife and i have 3 cars and neither of them had AUX input. we have since bought the pre and now have all 3 cars with AUX input and the two we use mostly have BlueTooth. i love this feature. music is not the same. i have bob marley station flowing and its awesome.
    How does the 3.5mm cable charge the phone at the same time? Am I missing something here? Or are you guys using a micro usb to 3.5mm cable?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xcomputerman View Post
    Yeah, I was telling one of my friends yesterday how the Pre has suddenly turned into an instant mega upgrade for my car entertainment system -- I now have many features I'd expect from a $1000 kit and then some.

Hands free calling without needing bluetooth or special mic installed? Check.
    Advanced turn-by-turn GPS navigation? Check.
    Full featured MP3 player? Check.
    Internet radio streaming from the car? Check. Don't try this with your Pioneer system.
    All while charging the phone? Check.

It's awesome how the Pandora/Music Player app/Sprint Nav/Telephone app work so well together simultaenously -- my only gripe is that sometimes I wish Sprint Nav would pause the music instead of lowering the volume.

And it's so easy to set up. Just get in the car, put the phone on the touchstone, plug in the audio cable and you're ready to go. No fuss, no mess. This phone continues to get awesomer.
    *All while charging the phone? Check
    Are you sure about that using AUX port as only a a input signal to your car audio?
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    How does the 3.5mm cable charge the phone at the same time?
    *All while charging the phone? Check
    Are you sure about that using AUX port as only a a input signal to your car audio?
    I think he is saying that he can do all this and charge the phone with a car charger at the same time...
    Quote Originally Posted by sveilien View Post
    I heard it before, but I experienced it yesterday. While talking on my phone I got in my car and plugged my Pre in the the Aux port for my stereo. I set my phone down by the stick shift and my GF (on the phone) said she could hear me better that on my BT headset! Not to mention listening someone over the car speakers makes it that much easier to hear.

Just thought it was awesome!
    I agree. Nice experience with the mic on speakerphone. +1 for palm in this dept. However, my calls drop a lot with the pre so that's not so good...
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrowland View Post
    I agree. Nice experience with the mic on speakerphone. +1 for palm in this dept. However, my calls drop a lot with Sprint so that's not so good...
    FYP.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxGator View Post
    FYP.
    No with the PRE. I have owned several palm cell phones and NONE of them (with Sprint) have had the reception/call drop issues that both my wife and I have experienced with the Pre. I have never been offered or needed an airave until I bought a Pre.
    Any thoughts on this? I just had my Nissan Murano wired for an aux input, but, like some others, whenever the 3.5 mm plug is used, the external mic turns off. If what another poster stated is true (two lines on a non-mic plug; 3 lines on a plug with a mic), then I should be good, as the plug has the two black lines.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    whenever the 3.5 mm plug is used, the external mic turns off.
    Yeah I'm still having this problem too. I've tried a few different cords, and they all turn off the mic when I plug it into the Pre. I'm going to buy a brand new cord today though and try it again....
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Yeah, and that makes me even more disappointed that my G35 doesn't have an aux port. Makes me wish I'd have waited a year to get the car...
    I have a 2008 G35 and I specified/bought online a cable that went from my Treo 750 to the RCA plug that is in the console storage box of the Infiniti - it worked great - no adapters. It was 2.5mm to stereo RCA. I see no reason why you couldn't buy a 3.5mm to dual RCA for your G35, unless yours isn't so equipped.

Not positive of the site, but try this. I originally found it by Googling 2.5mm to RCA.

PIE Precision Interface Electronics Online Store - RCA Cables & Connectors

My wife has the G35 and I'm driving a late model Suburban with the AUX jack so I haven't tried to make the Pre work in the G35 yet.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast