1.    #1  
    So I just started to notice my Pre is starting to show light leaks from the outside of the screen. I am not able to take a pic as I don’t have an extra camera besides my phone, but let me try and explain and show you my pic I created in Photoshop to explain what I am seeing.

Basically i noticed right around the bottom left and upper right corners of the screen where the case begins there is light emitting where there shouldn’t be. It looks like my screen may be rotating counter clockwise inside the frame of the phone. Does anyone else notice its happening on their phone as well. This is not on the actual screen as my screen is fine there is no distortion it just appears that either the black case is pealing on the inside or the screen is moving and now letting light through in those cracks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Search is your friend
  3.    #3  
    I did search and all i found was light leaks from the bottom of the actual screen where it made yellow blotches, mine is from the outside of the screen onto the actual casing, it doesnt distort my screen at all just looks weird with light coming out of the phone that isnt the screen
    If you found a search result as such... don't you think that it could still be placed in the same spot? Just a thought...
    I had the similar problem. I am waiting on a replacement of my Pre.

These are my pictures from the original thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (29.8 KB, 229 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (26.0 KB, 189 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (26.9 KB, 199 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (29.8 KB, 215 views)
    Last edited by dfine1966; 06/23/2009 at 10:41 AM.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    i noticed yesterday after getting back from the sprint store replacing my wife's pre that i have huge light leak in all 4 corners of my device. thankfully, i can only really see it when i am rebooting, but it is still upsetting. come on, palm - this sucks.
  7.    #7  
    dfine1966 that is exactly what i am seeing as well, its hard to see in direct light, however in a bar or in my house or at work i can see it really badly, did the sprint reps give you any hassel trying to replace it? I also have a big dead pixel in the middle of my screen, im just not sure if i have enough defects to warrant an exchange.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if this gets worse with time? Because I have this light leak in 3 of the 4 corners on this Pre (#4!!! Come on, Palm...) I don't mind it too terribly much, but I don't want this to cause cracks in the screen, get worse, etc...any suggestions?
    i have it too. i replaced my first one cause i had that and a really wobbly screen. My replacement has the light leakage too but a very slight wobbly screen. I'm starting to think all pre's have the wobble and light leakage. If you turn off the phone and turn it back on in a dimmly lit room, you can easily see the light leakage.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Well, my first 3 did not have the light leakage, so I didn't even know it was an issue until I rebooted my phone this afternoon and BAM! There the leakage was.

Granted, it doesn't show up very much in everyday situations, but I just want to know if this gets worse with time? Has anyone "lived" with this issue? Just wanted to make sure this doesn't cause more problems down the road...
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcurd0402 View Post
    Well, my first 3 did not have the light leakage, so I didn't even know it was an issue until I rebooted my phone this afternoon and BAM! There the leakage was.

Granted, it doesn't show up very much in everyday situations, but I just want to know if this gets worse with time? Has anyone "lived" with this issue? Just wanted to make sure this doesn't cause more problems down the road...
    ive had a bit of light leakage since day one (june 6th) It hasn't gotten worse.
    neathings - neat·things and apps for webOS
    http: //***.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=190603

stupid link posting rule.... *** = www

FWIW, I'd gladly trade my new Pre back for my old one to get rid of this oreo problem
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    i have it too. most retailers will give you a hard time about exchanging at this point. i traded a dead pixel for another dead pixel and light leakage. i only see it when booting so idk i guess i'll deal.
    Light leakage i've seen on a few phones.

I have VERY slight at the bottom of my phone...again only see it while booting.

I couldn't care less about it.

(and no, light leakage does not get worse)
    my phone does not have any light leakage but I have noticed that when outdoors if i am wearing a pair of polarized lens sunglasses i can see the edges of the touch screen which lays under the outerscreen. It is only about a half a millimeter of light around the whole edge. What you are seeing is just the light emitting from under the touchsceen around the edges, maybe they should have made the underlying screen a bit larger.
    I have light leaking at all 4 corners but more noticable on the two you pointed out. I'm on my 3rd pre and still within my 30 days, first 2 problems were, 1. had major oreo effect going on, 2. had major creaks on the battery cover. This phone hardware wise is awesome, but I do have 1 dead pixel (atleast it's near the bottome of th screen) so hardly noticable, but it also has the light bleeding from all corners, most note worthy in the upper right hand corner. I'm nervous to get a 4th phone because this phone feels so much more solid then the last two I have had. I love the phone but frustrated that I can't seem to find one with no defect what so ever. I have 8 days left till my 30 days are up and I am not sure what to do, live with it because the hardware build is much better or take my chances on another.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I also have light leakage on my screen! I'm really thinking about getting an htc hero at this point!! Palm really needs to get it together! I really love my pre just don't like the fact that they string us along without any anwsers palm is starting too be full of