Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

Lately, I've been scratching my head wondering why I wasn't receiving email, when I had just sent myself a message.

And there it was, I was stuck in Airplane Mode.

I never even turned on Airplane Mode.

It seems this has been happening in the past few days, I guess I could say since the OS update to 1.03.

However, I am also wondering if it is Classic that is causing it to go into 'Airplane Mode'.

Any ideas?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Where do you keep your phone. Is it on your belt or in your pocket? I have it in my pocket and a couple of times I thought I heard a bell, and noticed my phone went into Airplane mode. I have the leather magnetic case from Palm, and sometimes in my pocket, if you turn your body the wrong way it will hit the top button, which will turn on the shutdown mode, then it must of hit the airplane mode and put it into airplane mode. That what at least has happen to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi,

Lately, I've been scratching my head wondering why I wasn't receiving email, when I had just sent myself a message.

And there it was, I was stuck in Airplane Mode.

I never even turned on Airplane Mode.

It seems this has been happening in the past few days, I guess I could say since the OS update to 1.03.

However, I am also wondering if it is Classic that is causing it to go into 'Airplane Mode'.

Any ideas?

Rob
    its happened to me and one other person I know that has a pre on more than one occasion. I keep my pre in its pouch!
    Likely you are accidentally pushing it. There have been times when I've **** dialed someone because I did not close the phone app or lock the screen before pouching it. Happened to me once with Airplane mode too where you accidentally pushing the top right corner (especially since that's where you grab it to puch it anyway).

Not aware of any auto-Airplace bugs at this point.
    Happened to me last night while it was on and sitting on the table being charged. When I unplugged the phone in the morning it was stuck in airplane mode. Turning airplane mode off would start wi-fi but still no signal and the phone said it was still in airplane mode. Had to shut the pre off and back on again to get out of airplane mode. I don't have Classic installed, so thats not it.
    I had that happen today for the 1st time ... pretty sure I didn't touch it. Will have to keep an eye out on this one.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robweber3 View Post
    Happened to me last night while it was on and sitting on the table being charged. When I unplugged the phone in the morning it was stuck in airplane mode. Turning airplane mode off would start wi-fi but still no signal and the phone said it was still in airplane mode. Had to shut the pre off and back on again to get out of airplane mode. I don't have Classic installed, so thats not it.
    Same here. I don't know if it's the cause, but it started happening for me right after I applied that patch to always enable email to rotate.

Might be a coincidence, but just curious if you did that as well?
    The reason i even started reading this thread was because my phone all of a sudden went into airplane mode in the middle of going through browsing websites. I was browsing like normal then clicked a link and all it said was "cannot connect" eventually i figured out i was in airplane mode... I definitely did not accidentally put it into airplane mode. I was on wi-fi so maybe there is a glitch going on with that?
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Same thing happen to me yesterday. I'm trying to browse the net and I see this airplane symbol, and I wonder how the heck that happen I know I didnt press airplane mode....
    That has happened to me over 10 times since owning the device. The 1st few times I thought I might have pressed it, but it has happened when the phone was just sitting there on several occasions.
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one this is happening to, I thought I was going crazy! This has happened to me at least a dozen times in the last two weeks. VERY annoying. Anyone know what could be causing this?
    Oh good. O thought it was just me. Several times since the 1.2.1 update I have noticed my phone in airplane mode. I just figured I must have hit something, but I really could not see how I could have done it a couple of the times it happened,
    Happened to me once. Seems this is a bug. I left the phone charging on my desk overnight and when I woke up it was in Airplane Mode.
    This has also been happening to me for the past few days, but I thought it might have been because I am visiting in Washington, DC and I'm spending a lot of time in big buildings.

Hope they fix it soon.
    Same thing here. Going into airplane mode by it self. Any fixes? Has palm confirmed this bug?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Mine asks for my Sim pin code every so often without me doing anything. It happened earlier as I was using the phone normally - browsing a web page.

Could this be to do with the Pre switching to airplane mode and then needing the pin to connect back to the carrier or could this be more hardware related?
    My pixi keeps going into airplane mode while i am talking on the phone. It is the most annoying thing ever. I wonder if they are still there as the phone doesnt make any sound to indicate the airplane mode, yet the other person stopped talking. Then I scratch my head. Then I realize its in airplane mode. It takes like 20 seconds to turn it off and call them back so it is really annoying when I am driving or when I am in a hurry to get off the phone.
    It has only happened to once, but one time I pulled out my Pre to make a phone call and I watched the little airplane icon dissapear and my bars come back up.

Weird how it would go into airplane mode and comeback out of it without me doing anything.
    This happens to me too. I'm on here searching for a reason....

This has happened to me ever since I updated to 1.3.5.1
    Just started on my phone also! :/
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast