Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    go here Audacity and download audacity. make sure you grab the lame file so you can export as mp3's.

if you have mp3's sitting in your hard drive & you want to chop them up for ringtones - this freeware comes in handy.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I'll second that. Used to work great on my old Centro.

Real easy to use, too
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    I've been using MP3s as ringtones since my lg vx7000 in 2004, big freakin' deal.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    loved how easy Audacity is to use and how easy it is to boost sound levels.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Lg vx7000 ... Palm speak for paper weight?

I was referencing the amazing phone not the amazing mp3+phone...

But - fear not mdmogran - your post came off as truly all knowing and super cool - but I can't help myself (angry critter you seem to be) I've gotta ask, wouldn't your parents pay for a palm?
    Coming from Verizon where the only way I could use an mp3 as a ringtone on the flip phone that I had was to buy it from the ringtone store, the Pre is awesome.
    Thanks. Got a few specific mp3s in mind for a few friends. Perfect.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Verizon blows. Will never use them or their crappy crippled phones.
    Personally mp3 ringers aren't too great for me as I'm kinda hard of hearing so it just comes off as some blaring noise with a lot of treble so I can never really make what song is playing. I prefer traditional ring tones.
    Audacity rocks my socks! I used it to create my current ringtone starring Mr. T!

I took 4 Mr. T ringtones made for the "Get Some Nuts" Snickers campaign, cut out the best parts and combined them into one long ringtone of Mr. T awesomeness!
    From time to time I forget to put my Pre in vibrate at work and I really dont want them hearing some STP song haha.
    Can you set different ringers for different contacts? I think I read that you cannot distinguish between a text, MMS, phone call (who still makes those right?), email...is this true? I hope if it is it will be rectified quickly. Palm appears to be on top of things...
    Quote Originally Posted by tarhead View Post
    go here Audacity and download audacity. make sure you grab the lame file so you can export as mp3's.

if you have mp3's sitting in your hard drive & you want to chop them up for ringtones - this freeware comes in handy.
    These links and steps are now part of the nearly 200 Tips and Tricks. See link below.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Audacity is defintely very nice indeed. And I love the Mr. T ringtone idea.. I think I am going to make some alf ringtones. Cats!
    Originally posted by ryanissick:
    Can you set different ringers for different contacts? I think I read that you cannot distinguish between a text, MMS, phone call (who still makes those right?), email...is this true? I hope if it is it will be rectified quickly. Palm appears to be on top of things...
    One of the members, with many others for help in the wiki,has tackled the issue in My Notification" [No Rooting Needed]. There are many other threads, but this is the one I used to change my notifications.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    My Touch Pro had a mp3 trimmer built in.
    Hopefully once the SDK is released someone will create a mp3 trimming application.
    i've been using mp3's as ringtones on my last three Sprint phones. And I've always used itunes to make/shorten/increase volume of my ringtones.