Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone find anything wrong with just keeping the factory screen protector installed on their Pre?

I just trimmed the little pull-tab off the top and left the rest on the phone.

I don't see the reason to get a BodyGuardz when the factory protector looks fine to me.

Now, once it gets a little beat up, then change it out.

But, I also use the included pouch, and I try to handle the phone with kid gloves as to not beat it up and scratch it.

Just my thoughts.

-matt mc
    There's nothing wrong with it but it's not really much as far as screen protectors go. I had mine on for the first week while I waited for my Invisible Shiled to come in. In that time ite kept falling off, looked terrible, had bubbles under it. I absolutely could not wait to get that thing off.
    I tried in vain to keep that little guy on there, but it comes off when you slide it into your pocket. Once its got lint it's over.
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    I did the same thing. Trimmed the tab off and left it on and it has worked absolutely fine since day one. No bubbles, it hasn't peeled off etc. I keep the Pre in the Sprint belt clip I bought the same day not the pouch that was included. I'm sure eventually I'll replace it but for the time being I'll keep using it. Glad to see I wasn't the only one who did it.
    I carry my phone in a leather holster and have had no problems with the original screen protector. When I asked the guy at the Sprint Store about a screen protector he just said it came with one. I figure I'll use it until it falls off and then find something else.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I too, use the screen protector that came with the phone. Still going strong, despite my girlfriend not understanding why it should stay on!!!
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    spend the money and get a decent one........well worth it.
    i got rid of mine on day one.. It seems to take away from the beauty of the phone. My phone stays bare.. Still no scatches (purchased June 6,2009). -Stored in the orange default pouch
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Still using the one that came on the Pre. I also use the pouch. Once the protector comes off, I may or may not get a protector. I haven't decided yet.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I'm using a leftover screen protector from a Palm pack I bought for my Treo 650 or 755p. It's one of those packs where you trim to the appropriate screen size, and it has stencils for everything from Tungsten and Zire PDAs to Treos. I just picked the stencil that was the closest fit, and it seems to be working fine. I barely notice that it's there.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    I'm still using the factory one while I'm waiting for the ones I ordered from the precentral store.

Here in Kansas City it's about 95 with a humidy of 263%. Mine has gotten pretty gooey from long phone calls but it hasn't budged a bit. No bubbles and just a hint of schmutz collecting at the edge.

Joe
  12. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jallen3.14 View Post

Here in Kansas City it's about 95 with a humidy of 263%.
    Same here in STL
    That's my biggest concern about IS/BSE/BodyGuardz...do they get weird in that kind of heat/humidity.
    How do you all plan to scratch the screen? I had the htc touch for 2 years and never scratched it once, and I carry it in my pocket and drop it all the time... Same experience so far with my Pre... these things seem pretty scratch resistant - just dont carry it in the same pocket as other sharp things like keys and coins...
    The sprint rep took mine off :/ Pissed me off.
    I keep my boy naked, cuz that's how he likes it.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    i still have it on.. waiting for a better one to come in the mail...
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcclusk2 View Post
    Does anyone find anything wrong with just keeping the factory screen protector installed on their Pre?

I just trimmed the little pull-tab off the top and left the rest on the phone.

I don't see the reason to get a BodyGuardz when the factory protector looks fine to me.

Now, once it gets a little beat up, then change it out.

But, I also use the included pouch, and I try to handle the phone with kid gloves as to not beat it up and scratch it.

Just my thoughts.

-matt mc
    I'm doing the exact same thing! I have yet to trim the top part. I think with all new phones we try to baby them...it's after that first drop you don't give a @#$$...haha
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Still have the original, with the tab cut off. But I have a few left over that I got for T|X
    There's nothing wrong with it at all. . . but it reminds me of people that keep plastic covering their sofas... lol.

I keep mine naked, but in the pouch it came with when not in use. It just doesn't feel the same with protection.
    Thick and peeled off within days.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast