Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    So I have been trying all weekend to get the new updated but I am unable to. My phone started acting up once I had my phone rooted and has ssh installed on it. I did not know it but had a friend do it. Now I just want to get my phone back to normal to fix some of my other small problems.

When ever I try to do the update all I get is an Unable to connect error. Also when I use the vibrate switch and then turn it back off, I will get no sound from any of the notifications on the system nor will the alarm even make an sounds unless I restart the phone.

Any one have any ideas of how I can get the new update or how to restore my phone back to factory settings and how have it rooted at all?
    there actually is a way, you have to press a series of keys and then enter some code for it.

my advice to you, call sprint and tell them it shows a signal but you can't call out. you can only call sprint or 911. they will tell you how to totally reset your phone.

and if you can, write down the steps they tell you and the code they give you so we'll all have it. i skipped that step when doing it to mine.

you will have to reactivate the phone though.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I wonder if someone already knows how to reset the phone back to full factory settings.
    My wives Pre will not perform the update either, and her phone is not rooted. I've tried numerous time over the weekend and it keeps saying that it cannot connect. It's really weird. Tried over WiFi and the Sprint network, but same problem. Will probably have to take the phone it to get looked at.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    this happened to mine as well so sprint had me to a hard reset and basically made me reactivate my phone. problem was since my network did not work i couldnt connect to the palm system to bring back my profile so my phone was bricked. took it to the store and they swapped it out for another one that had a big gap on it.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    well its good to know that im not the only one. I may just have to call sprint to reset my phone and if that dose not work then I may need to take it back to the sprint store
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    There is a reflash recovery tool that palm provides at www.palm.com/rom
    I had the same problem as the op but my phone was not rooted.

I solved my problem by:
    1. Made sure I had a good network signal...I did mine over the air.
    2. Plugged the power cable to my phone.
    3. Went to Device Info\Reset Options\ and selected Partial Erase
    4. Waited about 15 minutes to let the phone do its thing.
    5. Register. Once the the phone came back to life, I was then able to update my phone.

Doing a partial erase will remove some settings....like your bookmarks. All my downloaded apps were still there though.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    thanks for the info I will try that

I may also try the full restore that palm has