1.    #1  
    went to the sprint store today after my pre started buggin out last two days and just turning off due to the slider issue...they gave me a new battery which even felt way more snug when i put it in and no more reboots....who knew such a simple fix would make me so happy
    Did you happen to note the model numbers on the two batteries? Just wondering. Your post seems to imply that there are two versions of the Pre battery available.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohthebaby View Post
    went to the sprint store today after my pre started buggin out last two days and just turning off due to the slider issue...they gave me a new battery which even felt way more snug when i put it in and no more reboots....who knew such a simple fix would make me so happy
    I went through this same procedure yesterday, but when I got home my phone was off. I will see how it performs throughout the day and see if it really resolved the issue. BTW the sprint rep who gave it to me was the manager at this location, and he told me the reason this battery resolves this issue is because it has shorter tabs on the end. In turn the shorter tabs let the battery terminals sit closer to the charging terminals on the phone. To top this off he also gave me an extra battery.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I had a strange experience last week regarding this issue. my phone was shutting off due to the slider issue, and i found that the various macgyver solutions were making the gap between the two pieces much bigger and making my phone start to oreo wobble. so i took it to sprint, knowing about the supposed "new" battery. when i got there, the rep told me that they had "just" received the e-mail regarding the slider issue a couple of days prior.

trouble is, when she opened my phone and got the "new" battery from the back, apparently i already had the "new" battery in my phone. however, i have a launch day phone, with a launch day battery so it's a bit hard for be to accept that my Day One phone has a "new & improved" hardware. i looked over the supposed new battery as compared to my old battery and they were the same, so that was very odd.

they wanted to give me a new pre but since i haven't had any trouble other than this, i just macgyver'd it a different way that doesn't cause a gap or oreo and moved along.

weird.
    Been using the ol' paper slivers method discussed elsewhere for about three weeks, and I haven't had a single reboot.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    you just tape a bunch to the battery cover?
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLApre View Post
    you just tape a bunch to the battery cover?
    I didn't even tape them. I just cut a bunch of thin strips (8 or 10; YMMV), and placed them on the top edge of the battery and pushed it into place. Just that much extra bulk has kept it in perfect contact, even if I close the phone pretty quickly. Hallelujah, no more resets.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    i did the same thing and it made the gap between the screen half and back half way bigger and made the phone start to oreo. took them out and it's like my pre is launch day new again but every now and then i get the slider shutdown...
    Quote Originally Posted by jhebert121 View Post
    I went through this same procedure yesterday, but when I got home my phone was off. I will see how it performs throughout the day and see if it really resolved the issue. BTW the sprint rep who gave it to me was the manager at this location, and he told me the reason this battery resolves this issue is because it has shorter tabs on the end. In turn the shorter tabs let the battery terminals sit closer to the charging terminals on the phone. To top this off he also gave me an extra battery.
    The new battery did not fix the issue of the phone randomly turning off. I think I am going to try and swap mine out, as my co-workers Pre doesn't have this problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Been using the ol' paper slivers method discussed elsewhere for about three weeks, and I haven't had a single reboot.
    I have used a piece of plastic from a package and cut it just under a 1/4 inch high and about 1/2 long . It just takes up the slack but doesn't push the Battery to the point of deforming that area.

I have a Launch day one and have done this from the 1st time mentioned on a thread.

I have no oreo effect or gap as well as no more shutdowns.