1.    #1  
    I have my hotmail setup on my Pre and noticed that it doesn't synch read or deleted emails. For example, if the Pre downloads new email, and I read/delete the email on my desktop, then the next time the Pre synchs my email, it's not removing deleted email and/or marking read email as read. Is this a known issue? I've not had time to see if the synch issue is also present with the yahoo account on the Pre.

Thanks!

P.S. Running 1.03
    Last edited by oolatin79; 06/23/2009 at 02:29 AM.
  2.    #2  
    anybody?
    Same thing happens with my gmail. I have it set to IMAP. It's pretty annoying. I checked the account settings on the phone but nothing. No idea. I do have mail to check as it comes in too.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    happens with my hotmail!! it wont sync read email!! my mogul even did this!! what the hall palm..or microsoft. Someone needs to fix this.

Gmail on the other hand syncs perfectly.
  5.    #5  
    It is very annoying indeed, and it would be awesome if it did synch read and deleted emails; I don't like having to do unnecessary clean-up of my inboxex. Palm, please fix this!

Thanks for the replies btw
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I had the same problem with gmail...emails deleted on the Pre would still be in my gmail inbox on my pc. I went into the gmail settings (on the pc) and clicked Disable POP. (IMAP was already enabled, but the POP option had nothing selected...)

Now, when I delete an email on the phone, they are gone when i log into gmail on the pc.

Hope this helps (for gmail at least)
    Quote Originally Posted by mjsboston View Post
    I had the same problem with gmail...emails deleted on the Pre would still be in my gmail inbox on my pc. I went into the gmail settings (on the pc) and clicked Disable POP. (IMAP was already enabled, but the POP option had nothing selected...)

Now, when I delete an email on the phone, they are gone when i log into gmail on the pc.

Hope this helps (for gmail at least)
    This thread is talking about it going the OTHER way.

I read an e-mail on the pre, and it gets marked as read on my PC. But if I read an e-mail on my PC, it does NOT get marked as read on my pre. Same for if I delete an e-mail. I think it should sync this, hopefully it will in the future.

And yes, POP does not sync the status of e-mails, it won't sync marked or deleted status between devices. IMAP will, but this thread is talking about that sync not happening as anticipated.