Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    hmm i just switched over from Tmobile and their insurance plan was simple. Over the past 2 years i had two nokia flip phones replaced at no cost .. got them the next biz day i think this insurance cost $5.

that's why i signed up for the Sprint insurance on my Pre. Starting to wonder if it is a good idea or not.

What happens if in 8 months the slider just gives out? or the keyboard is shot.. or i drop it! will they give me a lot of crap to replace it? What reason do i have to pay $100 to replace it? when it's lost or broken by me? what if its a defect in the phone.... ah man now i have lots of questions.. time to head down to the store.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    I've had good experiences with TEP, but saying that if you get your phone replaced with water damage or running it over with a dump truck you are lucky because their policy specifically excludes both. This is the exact verbiage of the policy:

"The Sprint Equipment Service & Repair Program does not cover damage beyond repair, liquid damage, cosmetic damage, or damage resulting from customer misuse or abuse."
    I know this has been said already, but that's only the Service plan, NOT the Total Equipment Protection (TEP) plan.

With TEP they replace the phone right away for any circumstance. The case on mine broke and they had a new one to me within 1 business day.
    I don't have a lot of patience for the "it's a version 1.0 phone" excuse, but I think in this case everyone needs to realize the phone has very limited availability, and replacements are hard to come by, even for Sprint and Assurian. That's part of the price of being an early adopter, just like bugs and missing features.

If you really need a backup phone, buy a cheap, used flip phone off or ebay or somesuch, and activate it while you wait for your Pre.

As for my experience, I've never filed through Assurian. Each time I had a problem, I went to a local Sprint store that does repairs, and they either ordered a replacement from Assurian for me, or gave me a brand new, in the box replacement. My 700p got upgraded to a brand new 755p that way.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superstardjal View Post
    carr, the phone u replaced, was it a pre? did they ask u to submit a "signed affidavit and photo ID"?
    This is because it is within the 30day trial. Insurance Fraud is more likely to happen during the 30day trial period of a new device because that's when it would have a higher potential resale value.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiburd View Post
    hmm i just switched over from Tmobile and their insurance plan was simple. Over the past 2 years i had two nokia flip phones replaced at no cost .. got them the next biz day i think this insurance cost $5.

that's why i signed up for the Sprint insurance on my Pre. Starting to wonder if it is a good idea or not.

What happens if in 8 months the slider just gives out? or the keyboard is shot.. or i drop it! will they give me a lot of crap to replace it? What reason do i have to pay $100 to replace it? when it's lost or broken by me? what if its a defect in the phone.... ah man now i have lots of questions.. time to head down to the store.
    The problems people are reporting with insurance claims are overblown. The affidavit is because of how new the phone is, In NY our expiration dates are right on the front of the license, not on a sticker. I'm sure they just did not recognize the sticker thingy. I just had a rant replaced with no deductible through sprint and asurion because of a manufactures defect, a week after the 30days ran out. It was easy and painless...also a device that is readily in stock... An Affidavit is a legal instrument so it does require ID.
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 06/23/2009 at 01:27 PM.
    I've gone through Asurion, it was a snap. I broke the screen of my previous phone, HTC TP, and called them, spoke to someone for about 10 minutes, and was overnighted my phone that very day.

Sucks that the OP had a crappy experience, but it seems like that type of experience is more the exception than the rule. And, to be honest, the crappy experience doesn't seem THAT crappy. The affidavit is pretty reasonable considering how new and in-demand the phone is.

And to the OP, walls o' text are hard to read, throw in some spaces between paragraphs.
  7.    #27  
    Posted and update about the resolution of my problem for all you who were kind enough to respond. Thanks again.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12