1.    #1  
    Maybe I'm crazy, I don't know, but I do not want to switch back to anything after having this phone since June 6. But it is my third one.

First one had a microphone that did not work. I swapped that one out the first day I got it. Second one had the good old "crashes when closing the slider" issue. Not often, but certainly often enough to be annoying...then today the keyboard just stopped working out of the blue, so I swapped it for my third Pre.

I really want this thing to WORK! I must admit I'm scared that I will get to day 31 and it will break - then I'm stuck since I do not have insurance and would rather not pay the $7 per month plus $100 deductible...but maybe I should?

I will say this - getting data back onto my new Pre this afternoon was nice. I just logged in with the Profile from my last phone and everything was back on my phone (with the exception of Pictures and Music, which I synced later).

BTW, my Memos and Tasks DID come over from the Palm Profile - so for those of you who have been wondering whether or not Tasks and Memos get backed up to the Palm servers, the answer is Yes.

I sure hope this third Pre hangs in there...at least for 12 months when I am able to get my full credit for the next new phone (Sprint Premiere customer).

I am concerned about the hardware but I am keeping the faith.

Good luck to all of us!
    damn 3 phones? I'm still on my first phone on launch day and has been working great.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Pay the $7 a month. Most of the issues you are worried about will be FREE replacements. The $120 deductible is just for lost/stolen/damaged devices.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    I am my first also, this bums me out, I want this phone to fly. Be patient, it is so worth it.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    Pay the $7 a month. Most of the issues you are worried about will be FREE replacements. The $120 deductible is just for lost/stolen/damaged devices.
    Really? The guys at the Sprint store always tell me that it's a $100.00 deductible for smart phones. My wife has one too, so that would be $14.00 per months. Geez, not sure what to do.
  6.    #6  
    Man, that's great to hear. Stories like yours is what gives me HOPE!!! I really like this phone after all my loyal years with Palm (Treo 90>Treo 650>Centro)
    Thanks for the tip, I didn't know this.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by u235 View Post
    Thanks for the tip, I didn't know this.
    yes.. and those are free replacements without TEP.. they should be covered under Palm manufacturers warranty.
    I'm goin in for my third tomorrow... Gotta love my picky eyes and all those stuck pixels on these screens. I have TEP but its just because I'm more worried about a stolen phone than a broken one.
    I could be wrong but cant you skip insurance all together and go with Palm's 90-day warranty instead? I think i have seen some good stories on this forum with Palm's CS.
    And you should most likely encounter any major issues in the first 90-days.
    Or just pay $4/month for EPRP if you're not worried about lost/stolen/damage.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pre1183 View Post
    I could be wrong but cant you skip insurance all together and go with Palm's 90-day warranty instead? I think i have seen some good stories on this forum with Palm's CS.
    Whoa.. is Palms warranty really only 90 days? That is terrible, they should have a year warranty for an expensive product such as this.

Let's hope they issue an extension because of all the manufacturing issues we've been having.
    im just got my 3rd pre yesterday...the first one crashed when closing the slider. The second one would just turn off for no reason...i would go to turn the screen on and nothing would happen. so i had to hit the power button and wait for it to boot up. It would do that about 6-8 times a day. Good news though, i have gotten a whole new Pre and box of accessories everytime lol. So i now have 3 chargers! That solves my problem of not getting a charger with my $70 touchstone ( i was pretty upset about that). Everything sync'd just fine except you lose all multimedia ie: pics and wallpapers. The second Pre.. i had a clearskins installed on. So sprint credited back the cost of that to my acct.
    Quote Originally Posted by pre1183 View Post
    I thought it came with a 1yr warranty??
    Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    Whoa.. is Palms warranty really only 90 days? That is terrible, they should have a year warranty for an expensive product such as this.

Let's hope they issue an extension because of all the manufacturing issues we've been having.
    Vast majority of electronics only offer 90 days unfortunately.