1.    #1  
    Anyone using the Pre with Dslextreme.com and their Gmail client program.

I need to be able to access my email from both places but the Pre seems to pull the email off the server and then I cant access it from my computer. I have tried IMAP but it still seems to be doing the same

Any suggestions???

Thanks
  2.    #2  
    Anyone???

Bueller ???
    I'm with dslextreme and i'm not suffering the same issue as yourself. if you're setup is with IMAP, the email can't be pulled from the email server since the nature of IMAP is more you connecting you to the email server to view the emails off the server (think "sync"). If you're emails are being pulled from the server, then you're setup to use POP which is exactly what POP does. I'm not sure if you can with the Pre, but usually with POP settings, there's a check mark to keep emails on the server.

Can you confirm you're set to IMAP and not POP? and if you're truly on IMAP, have you tried deleting that account from the Pre and setting it up again? You may need to be careful because if you did POP and pull the email (or your IMAP is truly pulling the email), deleting the account off the phone would mean you lose the emails since they no longer exist on the server end.

If you find that you're using POP, then the best thing to do is to is change the setting to leave the emails on the server, forward all the emails that were pulled to the phone to yourself, delete the account off the phone and recreate it as IMAP.

If it's any help, here's how I set mine up.

-Email
    -click top left corner for the drop down and select "Pref & Accts"
    -Add An Acct at the bottom
    -click top left corner for the drop down and select "Manual Setup"
    -mail type change it from the defaulted POP to IMAP
    -incoming mail server imap.gmail.com
    -username is full email address
    -SSL encryption (which should also auto-set your port to #993)
    -outgoing server smtp.gmail.com
    -turn Use Authentication ON
    -username is full email address
    -SSL encryption (which should also auto-set your port to #465)
    -Root Folder should be left blank
    Last edited by kryptik-pre; 06/24/2009 at 02:21 AM.
  4.    #4  
    Is there a special way to set up the email/gmail imap acct on Dslextremes end???
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean by seeing it up on dslextreme's end. Your setting on your email client (whether it's the Pre's email client, your PC's Outlooked or other email client you use) is as I described it should be. There's nothing on dslextreme's email server end that you can set and there should be no need for it since it's just a standard email exchange server that functions like any other email exchange server (ie hotmail, yahoo, your work, etc.).

Are you sure your Pre's been set as IMAP for your dslextreme? I ask only because you didn't inform me if you've reconfirmed since the thing defaults to POP and if you set the email without doing the extra step of telling the Pre you want to manually set the email then it defaults and locks the setting to POP. Also, check your computer to make sure the email client there is also set to IMAP.

Short of this, I'm not sure how else I can help without seeing your Pre and the systems you have email clients getting mail from dslextreme.
  6.    #6  
    It was set up on IMAP twice. I will try it again right now

Thanks for now
  7.    #7  
    I think the problem was with the settings on the server end....

Could you let me know what they are on the webmail
    my server end settings are default. also, there's nothing on their webmail that affects how you receive your emails via your pc's (or any other device such as the Pre) email client. i've never changed a thing since i have no use for their webmail feature. i'm almost wondering if it's something on your pc's email client end. which email client do you use at home and any other systems you use an email client to check your dslextreme email with?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptik-pre View Post
    my server end settings are default. also, there's nothing on their webmail that affects how you receive your emails via your pc's (or any other device such as the Pre) email client. i've never changed a thing since i have no use for their webmail feature. i'm almost wondering if it's something on your pc's email client end. which email client do you use at home and any other systems you use an email client to check your dslextreme email with?

I use Eudora (latest version)

OK I have the Imap set up and if Eudora is opened I get the mail on both it and the pre but, if it isnt opened I just get it on the pre. Does that make since?
  10.    #10  
    I guess I will have to leave the email client running all the time to get it in both places
    So, after Eudora's closed, and the Pre's still getting the emails, you reopen Eudora, Eudora doesn't see the emails? I'm assuming you tried telling Eudora to manually retrieve the email?

Go to dslextreme.com's webmail, log in and see if the emails that reached your pre is still on the webmail. If it's still on the Webmail, then your Eudora's having issues. If the email is no longer on the Webmail, then there are other issues at play, but let's try 1 thing at a time.
    Assuming it's potentially a Eudora issue, are you on a Mac or PC? Short of the latest v8 beta, the Mac and PC have different Eudora versions and I just need to know which OS you're on so I can install it and check out the pref settings. There may be an option within the setting such as "download unread messages only" or something of that nature.