Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Coming from a Touch Pro I'm starting to get very frustrated with a feature that I think is crucial to the Palm Pre. On my Touch pro when I get on the dialpad I can dial press the buttons on the dialpad and it will pull up my contacts. On my Pre it requires me to slide to the keyboard and start typing the name before it will find the name match? Anyone else miss this feature?
    Frankly, I don't miss anything from my Touch Pro. I can't speak to what one can do with the dialpad on the thing because I avoided using it like the plague. It was so unresponsive that dialing numbers required multiple pushes--many were the times when I wanted to throw the phone against a brick wall because simply dialing a number required constant retries.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Cut
    Last edited by LACienega; 06/23/2009 at 12:22 AM.
    I come from a touch pro too and I was hurt that the feature was missing when I tried the dialpad on the Pre but now I don't even use the dial pad. I just use the keyboard automatically...its better too because the Pre feels awesome as a phone with the slide out.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I wish they could add this to a future update, most of the time when I'm dialing i'm using one hand and to have to open the slide is a waste of time when I have a dialpad with the letters right on the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by vMAC View Post
    Coming from a Touch Pro I'm starting to get very frustrated with a feature that I think is crucial to the Palm Pre. On my Touch pro when I get on the dialpad I can dial press the buttons on the dialpad and it will pull up my contacts. On my Pre it requires me to slide to the keyboard and start typing the name before it will find the name match? Anyone else miss this feature?
    You can hit the little contact icon above the number pad to bring up your address book and scroll through it...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I realize that but again that's another clicka dn then have to scroll. It seems so simple to just add the functionality of just finding the name based on the numbers typed on the dialpad.