1. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Disclaimer: This is really just to vent.

There are a few little things on the Pre that are nice; when a call is dropped it gives you the option to redial. When you plug your phone in, it tells you it's plugged in (not that other phones don't do that or anything).

But there is no freaking reason to buzz and ding for these things!!! I need a notification when I get a text or a call or an alarm to call my attention to the phone when it's in my pocket or something! But when I, my concious willful self, plugs in the phone, I KNOW that I just did that and I don't need a buzz and a ding to tell me what I JUST DID! Same with a dropped call, the phone is in my hand already and I heard that godawful hangup beep!

There's another thing where this happens but I don't remember what it is...
    I feel your pain. I have no doubt these things will be configurable in the future, but such simple things to give us the option to control really highlight that WebOS was rushed out the door like most software. Can't wait to see what WebOS turns into though..
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I actually like the buzz that the phone is charging - I've attached my pre to a charger that wasn't plugged in before.
    I actually like these notifications
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    I actually like the buzz that the phone is charging - I've attached my pre to a charger that wasn't plugged in before.
    LOL too funny. I acutally did the same thing. Earlier that day I had unplugged my touchstone because I needed the cable to transfer some music. When I wen to bed I put the pre on the touchstone and couldn't figure out why the charging notification would not come up. Started cursing because I thought something wasn't working. Of course it turned out to be "operator error". I had forgotten to replace the cable.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    you can choose to turn off the notification in text and emails.