View Poll Results: Does Pimpmypre work on your phone?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

73 72.28%
  • No

17 16.83%
  • Sometimes

11 10.89%
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Did this a few hours ago and worked perfect.

Do not over complicate the process. Email the link to yourself and click from your pre. The app will appear in the first page of your launcher at the end.

Use short song files because it will play the whole song.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Does anyone want to start sharing the wav files they are using? I don't mean the long ones either.
    So this program is fully working now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewzer View Post
    Does anyone want to start sharing the wav files they are using? I don't mean the long ones either.
    This is a good idea. It'd be cool to get a bank of .wav files for notifications.
    For people who are not able to get it to work also for people who it did work for can you tell us what version you are running 1.0. 1 2 or 3 i have tried every single way in this forum and no go
    Just installed it and gave it 1 test by having the Mrs. text me and it worked. We'll see how it does down the road. I'm very grateful for this. Way to go guys.

As an aside I just received an email and I guess all my notifications are the same now i.e. SMS & E-Mail. Are there any other notifications? It is kind of a bummer because I have a nice loud notification that plays in a Brittish accent, "Oy! You just got a text message!". But it sure is nice to have at least that. I'm just hoping missed calls and calendar alerts and everything else doesn't fall in to the category of "notifications".
    Last edited by jedisrus; 06/24/2009 at 10:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I am on the latest firmware without rooting my device and worked first try.
    It is working for me but I can't see all my files in the "Ringtone" folder for some reason...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Well, so far I've been using it since last night, no problem as of yet. I'm using a short Mp3 for my alerts and notifications.. So far so good, nice program..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by dog44 View Post
    Try doing a reboot either orange symbol and r
    What does orange symbol and r do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    It is working for me but I can't see all my files in the "Ringtone" folder for some reason...
    Start typing the beginning of the ringtone and it should show up. I don't know why the Pre only shows a certain number (50 maybe) but I have been able to locate all of mine by typing.
    Pimpmypre works great. Feels good to finally get a useful app. HAVE YOUR PALM PRE SPEAK TO YOU! Google AT&T Labs Text-to-Speech ( I'm not able to post a link, sorry) When you save what you typed it will be saved as a wave file and you can use it in Pimpmypre for your alerts. For example, on my phone when I get an email it says "Please check your phone", instead of that ding sound.
    and so it doesn't work on mine either.. it totally didn't acknowledge my settings and still keeps using the factory alerts
    Last edited by jrzymuscle26; 06/25/2009 at 09:53 AM.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I am aware someone else made the same app without a restore to default button, why?
    Nokia 5100 - At&t - Nokia 6310i - At&t - LG Vx3200 - Verizon - Motorola E815 - Verizon - Motorola Razor - Verizon - iPhone-At&t - Pre - Sprint - HTC Evo - Sprint - Samsung Epic - Sprint - Blackberry Curve - Sprint - Evo3D - Sprint - Touchpad - HP
    How I roll since 1999!
    I'm using the Kimmunicator sound from Kim Possible.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I'm using the Kimmunicator sound from Kim Possible.
    Thanks! I was using this on my 700p for my SMS's!

So, it doesnt change the email and SMS individually? Darn!
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I go to zedge.com for my sms ringtones, my favorite is the power rangers ringtone.
    Nokia 5100 - At&t - Nokia 6310i - At&t - LG Vx3200 - Verizon - Motorola E815 - Verizon - Motorola Razor - Verizon - iPhone-At&t - Pre - Sprint - HTC Evo - Sprint - Samsung Epic - Sprint - Blackberry Curve - Sprint - Evo3D - Sprint - Touchpad - HP
    How I roll since 1999!
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dog44 View Post
    I go to zedge.com for my sms ringtones, my favorite is the power rangers ringtone.
    Some things you should keep to yourself.
    Ok. Im having a hard time here. See if you can tell me what Im doing wrong please.

First, I clicked on the links from this thread on my Pre. It opened up appx 15 new web cards before I stopped it. So I tried emailing link to myself from my laptop. I click on it, same thing, just starts opening new web cards until I stop it.. Then I go to pimpmypre.com and register, get the pw and everything and it does the same thing...Anyone else have this happen? Anybody know what Im doing wrong or do I just have one of the phones that doesnt work with this?
    Thx
    I reviewed the App, feel free to add to it.
    Last edited by xberserker; 07/15/2009 at 05:41 PM.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast