View Poll Results: Does Pimpmypre work on your phone?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

73 72.28%
  • No

17 16.83%
  • Sometimes

11 10.89%
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Maybe the link is down again let me confirm....
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Changing the "notification" will change:

• Email
      SMS
      Charging
      "Call Ended With"

Changing alert will change:

• Calendar reminders

There are probably more, this is just what I found out when messing around with my rooted Pre.

One annoying thing - even with the phone on vibrate, when you're on a call, receiving an email or SMS message (if they are set to make a sound) will play the entire wav file in your ear...

3AM Monday, had a network outage for work and was on the phone - every SMS "page" played through my phone call. The user on the other end could hear it too. It's a really loud buzzer meant to wake me up at night, so it made it impossible to speak. Had to hang up and change my tone back to normal - still played in my ear. Hung up again and set SMS notifications to not be audible.

I assume this app will function the same way, since all it's likely doing it coping over the default notification.wav in /usr/palm/sounds/ with the wav of your choice from /media/internal/

Either way, much easier to change it through this GUI app, than to go through rooting my Pre and doing it all CLI.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I'm working on getting the mod posted on pre dev wiki together so you will have another option from the developers working in the IRC channel and on the Wiki.

Keep watch of pre dev wiki: my notification for more info I hope to have the email link available in a few hours (I have an hour long commute home).
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bhawk View Post
    Changing the "notification" will change:

• Email
      SMS
      Charging
      "Call Ended With"

Changing alert will change:

• Calendar reminders

Good find I don't use alets in the calendar so I never heard it. I'll add alerts to the app I have been working on as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kaerey; 06/24/2009 at 05:31 PM.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelpule View Post
    I'm working on getting the mod posted on pre dev wiki together so you will have another option from the developers working in the IRC channel and on the Wiki.

Keep watch of pre dev wiki: my notification for more info I hope to have the email link available in a few hours (I have an hour long commute home).
    Very nice hope to see it up when you finish pm the link and i will add it to the front.
    Quote Originally Posted by dog44 View Post
    Email this link to yourself from pimpmypre.com
    http://www.pimpmypre.com/pmptemp/com...ypresounds.ipk
    Now You can change sms and notification sounds!!!!
    The app has been updated with original sounds option and deletion feature.
    If you already installed reclick the email link and it will date.
    Thanks to pimpmypre.com for all the hard work and releasing this app!!!!
    Not Working.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Okay, Installed & working - Thanks!
    I just installed it and it works. I also deleted it then re-installed it again. Looks good.
    just got an email from Pimp My Pre, looks like they updated the app and it is now a stable release (you can now delete it from the launcher). I just got it and it seems to work fine. Go to pimp my pre's website to get it. Need to ign up and make an account before you are able to email the .ipk though
    Why is this working for some and not others? I have emailed and clicked the link but still will not install.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I dont know try going directly to pimpmypre.com
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Why is this working for some and not others? I have emailed and clicked the link but still will not install.
    Using the correct link?
    http://www.pimpmypre.com/pmptemp/com...ypresounds.ipk
    Here is what I am doing.
    I copy the above link and open up a new email on my computer.
    Then I paste the link into my email and send.
    I recieve the email on my PRE.
    I then tap the link and it turns grey for about one second then goes back to normal.
    I then check the launcher and Device Info/Software to see if has install but no software.

Am I doing something wrong?
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Worked for me.
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Here is what I am doing.
    I copy the above link and open up a new email on my computer.
    Then I paste the link into my email and send.
    I recieve the email on my PRE.
    I then tap the link and it turns grey for about one second then goes back to normal.
    I then check the launcher and Device Info/Software to see if has install but no software.

Am I doing something wrong?
    Try doing a reboot either orange symbol and r
    Quote Originally Posted by dog44 View Post
    Try doing a reboot either orange symbol and r
    Did that twice so far.
    Will not work for me... i am running ver. 1.0.3 maybe has something to do with diff versions?
    Worked for me, added it via gmail tapped the link and it installed. It also uninstalled like any other program.

It will only use wav files as the replacement files, I used audacity to change from mp3 to wav and now have the jetsons doorbell as my alert tone.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    It worked for me. What I did was copied the link and sent it to myself, clicked it and nothing happened. Then I downloaded the link to the computer and then attached it into an email and sent it to myself that way. Clicked the link and it downloaded, but nothing happened. I went and checked my first apps page and there it is. I am not sure which one did it cause it never brought up another screen; it just worked. It can also be deleted Now to just figure out what I want the alerts to be....
    So there is no way to stop the ringtone once it begins? It plays all of the way through? That will definitely be a deal breaker for me.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast