View Poll Results: Does Pimpmypre work on your phone?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

73 72.28%
  • No

17 16.83%
  • Sometimes

11 10.89%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Can anyone post the link? Really don't care to register just for the link.
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Can anyone post the link? Really don't care to register just for the link.
    its the same link as in the first page of this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by lilcap View Post
    Granted I truely like this phone, I'm highly disappointed in the features they striped from it. I came to the forum looking for the way to set or change the tones because I thought I was overlooking something simple but now I see that it wasn't me....the feature does not exist.
    Honestly Palm just followed the example of Apple that worked. You put a device out there that is functional, great hardware, and pretty easy to hack\write for... Then let the people choose what they want, write the apps and put them out. When the IPhone first came out I remember all the *****ing about what wasn't included... And over time, the apps were (and still are) being written. I don't necessarily Love that business model, but the formula works.

I Hate saying it... But give it time. - And this is coming from someone that Loves to have custom option on my phones.
    seems to be back up now, just tried the link i emailed yesterday and it works
    SCK Manager
    Awesome. It's back up. Now, does anyone know where one could download the ringers/tones from a treo?
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    WARNING! This App Still Cannot be Deleted!
    Last edited by NOLApre; 06/24/2009 at 09:53 AM.
    Yes, the Pre is definitely lacking some important features. Customization is one of the most important things I look for in a phone, but just give it some time. Almost all of the problems can easily be fixed with firmware updates and applications.

Think of this summer as Pre Beta, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLApre View Post
    WARNING! This App Still Cannot be Deleted!
    Have you tried going to device info, press more info, software tab, then swipe left/right and select delete?

Edit

To download, KNOWING that you can’t delete without using the WebOS Doctor to reinstall to manufacturers condition (for now)
    I'll wait until I'm able to delete.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    So before I try this, is it actually working, or no? Also I am kinda dumb at times, so if I were to do this what would be the step by step process....
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I gotta ask...what are alerts vs notifications?

I know notifications are email/texts, etc, but I can't seem to find what triggers alerts.

Pretty crappy that changing notifications also has it come up when clicking allow for apps.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Sorry to send this to people that aren't subscribed to email, but we wanted you
    to know.

The delete functionality has been fixed. If you are going to delete - make sure
    to reset your tones to default before you do or you'll be stuck with those
    sounds.

Just click the link in your email again and you'll be updated to the new
    version.

Pimp My Pre Dev

Mitch
    The app is now able to be deleted, just click the original link a gain and it will update
    Quote Originally Posted by dog44 View Post
    The app is now able to be deleted, just click the original link a gain and it will update

And just to clarify... what are the differences between the alerts...

Because when I had changed "alert", it changed every single sound to the "new sound". So when it charged, it changed, when I got a calendar reminder, it was the same, it was annoying...

Which one do we change for just SMS...

Thanks for the app!
    i changed the Notification sound and my SMS and charging sounds changed
    I emailed the link to myself and when I click on it in my email on my phone it turns grey for a second and goes away. The program never installs?
    Alvin 319
    Look in your launcher you will see it there.
    Quote Originally Posted by hizduser1 View Post
    Alvin 319
    Look in your launcher you will see it there.
    Not there I checked. When you click the link is it supposed to give you an install confirm?
    alvin319, is your screen set to turn off at 30 seconds? try setting to 2 minutes just for the installation. Also make sure to check every Launcher page.

EDIT: When you click the link, it turns grey, and changes back to normal. Then the app should be installed. There's no install confirmation.
    Clicked link. Turned Grey. No app is in my launcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    alvin319, is your screen set to turn off at 30 seconds? try setting to 2 minutes just for the installation. Also make sure to check every Launcher page.

EDIT: When you click the link, it turns grey, and changes back to normal. Then the app should be installed. There's no install confirmation.
    Changed the screen setting and checked all launcher pages also checked Device Info/Software. Still no program?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Clicked link. Turned Grey. No app is in my launcher.
    Same here.

Installer malfunction?