View Poll Results: Does Pimpmypre work on your phone?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

73 72.28%
  • No

17 16.83%
  • Sometimes

11 10.89%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Well, that's what happens when an app is rushed and not fully tested before released to people... Great progress guys... But you really don't wanna rush these kind of things.

The real props go to the guys in the Homebrew forum for figuring this out! Thanks guys!
    I was excited for a second there but what I want to change is my SMS alert. But it is great that people have found a way to install their apps on the Pre. Good work!
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lito305 View Post
    but you cant change the email notification or the sms notification whats with that?? and what would be considered an "alert"
    Quote Originally Posted by dog44 View Post
    They said they will release later in the week....patience young grasshopper...
    By reading the link below, it looks like they won't be fixing this until Palm adds it.
    Pimp My Pre Pimp My Pre Ringtone Manager, RELEASED!
    In for a really removable version... for everyone
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jedisrus View Post
    I was excited for a second there but what I want to change is my SMS alert. But it is great that people have found a way to install their apps on the Pre. Good work!
    Changing the default notification will change your SMS sound
    I believe the only way to remove it is by rooting your Pre...
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    sweet app thanks!

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    So if I install I won't be able to delete this? But would I really want to? And you say that once its added to the store I can probely delete? But that won't be until end of summer?.... Decisions, decisions....

Maybe a small FAQ will help me make the right one. Precentral?... Later today maybe huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I believe the only way to remove it is by rooting your Pre...
    Does anyone have the instructions for removing this by rooting??

Im rooted, just need to know how exactly to get rid of this because it does me absolutely no good because I already changed what could be changed with this app.

BTW, to the OP & anyone else posting these Homebrew apps. You really need to explain exactly what these apps do & dont do. By the screenshots posted, it was assumed that it was possible to change SMS, Email & everything else all to different tones. But that wasnt the case. And the "no delete" thing is just icing on the cake.

Sorry for the rant. But just be less careless guys.
    I definitely agree with Peestandingup... This app was thrown together carelessly and there was no warning or the 'no delete' thing. That's why things must be tested first...

Please don't release any unfinished and sloppy apps. Nice work, but please be more careful next time...

As for how to remove it, I'm not quite sure. Someone more experienced with rooting will post eventually...
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Dear god someone help me. I love the app. Works great in its limited form, but apparently it signed me up for email updates. Now everytime something gets posted at their site I get an email about it and I cant figure out where to disable the notify me when new updates are posted!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    Dear god someone help me. I love the app. Works great in its limited form, but apparently it signed me up for email updates. Now everytime something gets posted at their site I get an email about it and I cant figure out where to disable the notify me when new updates are posted!
    i just PM'd the admin on that site. i have the same issues as you. UGH. please share here if you figure out how to turn that off.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Ok, I subscribed to pimpmypre to get the link email and it worked, BUT now I am getting several emails every time someone posts something at their site AND I DON'T WANT THAT, and I can't find any place in their website to remove the email subscription...

Anyone have any idea on how to get rid of it?
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I cant even find where on the site they're posting these things that I get the emails about without the link in the email. Ughh.
    i downloaded the app. it work but the damn ringtone was playing all out while i was on the phone. plus you cant stop it while it's playing. i tried to deleted also...it didn't...the only way i could deleted it doing a partial reset. and i got everything back but not this app. I got all my contacts and pictures, ringtones, videos and video podcast, emails, and apps i download from the palm app store. but I did not get back my texts, bookmarks.
    What email do you use. If it is coming to your email. Can't you just tag it as spam?
    It's not the life you lead but
    the style in which you live it.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    ok on the emails front I think its a feature of Word Press not the Pimp my Pre site... When you registered for the site you did so through Word Press. Ive gone back to that word Press website (thank god it was still in my computers browsing history) and hit profile, then subscriptions and checked "no" box next to subscribe me to newly created catgories. The list of catagories had checks next to the last two wall paper names. Hopefully that will stop the emails!

The word Press site - use the login you created for Pimp My pre (they emailed you a password)
    Pimp My Pre Log In
    How about someone who has the link just forwarding it to everyone. Can it be used like that.
    It's not the life you lead but
    the style in which you live it.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Onnie1320 View Post
    i downloaded the app. it work but the damn ringtone was playing all out while i was on the phone. plus you cant stop it while it's playing. i tried to deleted also...it didn't...the only way i could deleted it doing a partial reset. and i got everything back but not this app. I got all my contacts and pictures, ringtones, videos and video podcast, emails, and apps i download from the palm app store. but I did not get back my texts, bookmarks.
    I had the same problem... It does change ur sms ringtone... But there's no way to silence it... The ringer will play all the way through each time it rings.. As for not being able to delete the app I did a partial erase and got the default sms notification back
    Reminds me of a saying my Dad had: "The early bird gets the worm, but it's the second mouse gets the cheese."

Kudos to the developers for pushing the boundary, but I'll hang tight for just a bit, thanks just the same.

Joe
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast