View Poll Results: Does Pimpmypre work on your phone?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    73 72.28%
  • No

    17 16.83%
  • Sometimes

    11 10.89%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 201
  1. #181  
    I'm sorry, I am still unable to get this loaded, which is strange since I had no issues with "My Ringtones" in the Homebrew thread.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  2. #182  
    Has anyone experimented and while talking on the phone get a text with the new text notification? If you did, was it just as loud and could the other person on the phone hear it?
  3. jdale's Avatar
    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    #183  
    I kept getting a message that it couldn't download the message text for the email. Maybe the site was down at the time? Apparently the Pre downloads the app before displaying the message text.

    I then downloaded the .ipk file on my computer, put it on my own website, emailed a link to that, and it worked. Of course I clicked the link a bunch of times in the email because it clearly wasn't doing anything, then remembered people said it would look like it wasn't doing anything, checked the launcher and there it was way down at the bottom of the page.


    Also, I'm using an .mp3 file which is stored in my ringtones folder. Are you guys typing the file name or tapping and selecting? When I tap it pulls up my list of ringtones and I can test and pick just like in the built-in app for changing ringtones. I already put some really short ones in there so that was a non-issue.
  4. #184  
    The problem people are having installing is an email thing - it seems to happen most with comcast and hotmail. (Who doesn't have gmail now??)

    Try forwarding from another client or having someone send you the link. I sent a few hundred last night and they worked.
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
  5. excberry's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #185  
    did it. works.
  6. #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by dog44 View Post
    yup
    OK, I downloaded it, but my screen doesn't look the same.

    I get the top that says Use Default, in that box it says Default tones and the switch is to OFF. Below that, I have the box Alerts and Notifications, which contains "Default Alert" and "Default Notification" but nothing else.
  7. #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by mike99 View Post
    Has anyone experimented and while talking on the phone get a text with the new text notification? If you did, was it just as loud and could the other person on the phone hear it?
    Anyone?
  8. #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by mike99 View Post
    Anyone?
    Yes I can hear the tone over the person's voice. It is loud but it was loud before I changed it too.

    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    OK, I downloaded it, but my screen doesn't look the same.

    I get the top that says Use Default, in that box it says Default tones and the switch is to OFF. Below that, I have the box Alerts and Notifications, which contains "Default Alert" and "Default Notification" but nothing else.
    Really? Did you actually read any of this thread?
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  9. #189  
    [QUOTE=Eguy;1711976]Yes I can hear the tone over the person's voice. It is loud but it was loud before I changed it too.

    QUOTE]

    Thanks. But isn't that an annoyance? I don't understand. If I download a new ringtone for my text and it is longer then you're telling me that when I'm on the phone and get a text I have to listen to the entire thing in my ear? There is no way to stop it? The person on the other line can hear it as well? What can be done to correct this?
  10. #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by mike99 View Post
    Thanks. But isn't that an annoyance? I don't understand. If I download a new ringtone for my text and it is longer then you're telling me that when I'm on the phone and get a text I have to listen to the entire thing in my ear? There is no way to stop it? The person on the other line can hear it as well? What can be done to correct this?
    Correct. You have to listen to the entire thing in your ear, there is no way to stop it, the person on the other end of the line can hear it and nothing can be done to correct it at this time.

    It's not the developers fault as they are basically providing you with a hack to get some extra functionality while we wait for Palm to enable these options. There is not a lot more they can do without modifying Palm code and that is a no-no.

    For now you can just make sure that your new tones are short so that you don't get 15 minutes of dance mix every time a new text comes in.
  11. #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpmypre View Post
    The problem people are having installing is an email thing - it seems to happen most with comcast and hotmail. (Who doesn't have gmail now??)

    Try forwarding from another client or having someone send you the link. I sent a few hundred last night and they worked.
    Why not simply have Precentral set up an email link for you like they do with some of these others? That seems to work quite well for other homebrew apps and wallpapers etc.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  12. #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Why not simply have Precentral set up an email link for you like they do with some of these others? That seems to work quite well for other homebrew apps and wallpapers etc.
    That does work well for me.
  13. #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    I'm sorry, I am still unable to get this loaded, which is strange since I had no issues with "My Ringtones" in the Homebrew thread.
    I could not send this link using my Bellsouth email I had to use my Gmail to get the link to work, or just go to the Pimp my pre website and sign then send it from there.
  14. #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Here is what I am doing.
    I copy the above link and open up a new email on my computer.
    Then I paste the link into my email and send.
    I recieve the email on my PRE.
    I then tap the link and it turns grey for about one second then goes back to normal.
    I then check the launcher and Device Info/Software to see if has install but no software.

    Am I doing something wrong?
    Dude, you can't just copy the link. notice all the ........ in the link? This means it is truncated. The full link is: http://www.pimpmypre.com/pmptemp/com...ypresounds.ipk (I'm not sure if this forum will truncate it automatically or not.)

    Best thing to do is right click on the link, select Copy Link Location and use that. Or, visit Pimpmypre website.

    EDIT: The forum truncates the link. So, just make sure you capture the entire link!
    Last edited by jwdesselle; 06/26/2009 at 09:42 AM. Reason: updating
  15. #195  
    i am sending the link to myself, AND registered on pimpmypre..

    i cannot click to download.

    is the server down at this very moment?
  16. Newberry's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #196  
    so whats different between this one and the other one you can download? i downloaded the other, this one just dosnt seem like it works for everyone
  17. #197  
    Ok, I'm a bit confused. Why do you need this app to change your ringtones if all you need to do is plug the pre into the USB and put .mp3s into the ringtones folder?

    Also, I installed the app via the email method just to see if it would work, and I was able to delete it with no problems by holding orange button and tapping the icon.
  18. #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by Groovehog View Post
    Ok, I'm a bit confused. Why do you need this app to change your ringtones if all you need to do is plug the pre into the USB and put .mp3s into the ringtones folder?

    Also, I installed the app via the email method just to see if it would work, and I was able to delete it with no problems by holding orange button and tapping the icon.
    The topic was titled incorrectly.
    You can change sms and notification sounds!
  19. boxboy's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #199  
    Love this app, can't wait until I can see the granularity to customize each of the different notifications. Sorry to be dense, but I haven't found anything on this thread that explains the two different screens I see posted. I can only get the one with the slider for defaults along with notifications and alerts. I need to be able to make SMS loud and long to wake me up when I am on call without triggering the same sound when I plug in the charger, lol.
    Homebrew is awesome!
  20. #200  
    OK...so this was the hot app when you could use the email-to-Phone hack. I see that the author made some changes from the original version of the app. How does this differ from the MyNotifications app? Is there more phone event sounds to configure?
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions