1.    #1  
    Ok this is the 2nd time this has happened and don't know why it happened, figured it was a glitch at first but now it is doing it again.

Let say I have this threaded text with someone (15-20 texts each in one conversation) ... well out of no where this conversation disappears from my "Conversations" under messages... ALL of my others ones are still there

This is the 2nd time it has happened to this same contact which happens to be my wife so we do text often.

the ODD thing is when she texts me i click the notification at the bottom and it pulls up our conversation so I know the phone has it saved somewhere but where at? W/O her texting me I can't see any of our conversation.

It has not done this with any other contact but her. The last time I had to hard reset my phone and I don't want to do that again!

Help and advice?

Thanks
    Similar problem happend to me. Do you have more than one phone number on the account?
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    Similar problem happend to me. Do you have more than one phone number on the account?
    No we do not have a house phone just each have cell phones. I have 2 of her emails and her cell phone, birthday and anniversary
    happened to me a couple times. If you close the messaging card and reopen it then it is all there again...at least it was for me both times
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesmoke View Post
    happened to me a couple times. If you close the messaging card and reopen it then it is all there again...at least it was for me both times
    Thanks but that didn't woek, restarting my phone does not either. I know they are saved but where are they? This is annoying
    happenned to me the other day. Went to send a friend a text and couldn't find the thread. SO... I went to the main screen (which lists all the threads) and typed her name as if starting a new thread. It pulled up a blank thread screen and I typed a message. As soon as I pressed send, the entire thread reapeared with the message I had just typed as the last message on the thread. When I went back to the main screen, the thread was listed again.
    Quote Originally Posted by B.hess1 View Post
    Thanks but that didn't woek, restarting my phone does not either. I know they are saved but where are they? This is annoying
    I've had the same problem and it's the weirdest thing ever...I'm not too fond of the messaging app on the Pre, in my opinion the Treo/Centro messaging is much more efficient. Anyway for that particular contact do you have multiple source info (i.e. google, palm account, facebook, etc...) what I found working is unlinking one of those sources then check messaging and it should be there, then you can go back into contacts and relink the contacts. good luck let us know if that works.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I fixed mine by deleting the contact then readding her.
    I haven't had this problem but I hope you guys let Palm know so that they can provide a fix in the next couple of updates.
    Happened to me today, haven't fixed it yet. She's asleep though.

We're on the same family plan, and yes she has multiple phone numbers/emails/facebook etc.
    Ive had this problem twice as well and called palm about it... after I did i got tired of it so i deleted the whole contact and re-entered it. Worked like a charm!

hopefully that helps
    The Pre does WORK
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I also have had this issue. I think I know what situation causes it but I'm not sure of the fix.

Here is the situation:

I receive a text from a friend. I respond and then delete the text. When he replies later to the same text, I can see the entire archived thread. However, after I respond (or even if I don't) and then swipe up a level, the thread is not present in the SMS application. AS someone above pointed out, if I search for my friend's name, I can call up the thread again. So... I think it's deleting the initial conversation that causes this issue.

Somewhat aggravating. Not sure of the solution. A new response should "refresh" the thread so it appears once again in the SMS app.
    Not sure of the solution? I'm confused look ONE posts above yours... O wow it looks like a solution!
    The Pre does WORK
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    i don;t consider that a long term solution. every time? really?
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    This "disappearing SMS conversation" problem has happened to me several times since I got my Pre on launch day. OS updates haven't fixed it, and no manner of reboots or contact delete/re-adds have fixed it. The only thing that works for me is to do a partial erase (found in the device info app), and then let Pre restore itself from a combo of Palm Backup/Gmail/Facebook. It's time consuming and a PITA, but it works.

Unfortunately, the problem is cropping up again more frequently...

I've begun to notice that it happens when I let an SMS conversation grow longer than normal. I can't verify this, but it does seem that if the convo gets too long and/or contains multiple pictures then the problem shows up. Deleting convos before they get like this appears to keep the problem at bay. But that is not an acceptable solution as sometimes I need to keep track of a long conversation. Plus, these longer conversations are obviously with my most important contacts... so these are exactly the people that I can't afford to have disappear in my convo list.

Dammit, Palm... fix this one already. It's bad enough that the flimsy build quality of the Pre is beginning to wear on me, but SMS is even more important to me than actual phone calls (it's my most frequently used communication method next to email). These two problems together have me seriously considering moving to another platform.
    I would have thought you could just delete the contact and then add her again.

Edit: Ironically this exact same thing happened to me 30 minutes after reading this thread xD I found that unlinking and then relinking the contact made her thread reappear. Hope this helps someone.
    Last edited by SqyArc; 12/27/2009 at 07:03 AM.