1.    #1  
    Review: Palm Pre

Some points of contention

Palm’s webOS has managed to slip in right behind Apple’s iPhone OS

Hardware has never been Palm’s strong suit and the Pre is evident of that. Is it horrible? No. Rough around the edges? Yes, both figuratively and literally.
    Last edited by no1smartphone; 06/22/2009 at 06:30 PM.
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    [...]The lip around the exposed keyboard could easily cut through cheese or my delicate flesh[...]
    I just cannot get over this. Unless my Pre is some one-off unique device, there are not edges on this phone that can "easily...cut though my delicate flesh"
    Probably the worst review I've read. It's not even remotely professional, citing reasons for liking the Pre over the iPhone such as: "the iPhone stinks".
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn McKenzie View Post
    Probably the worst review I've read. It's not even remotely professional, citing reasons for liking the Pre over the iPhone such as: "the iPhone stinks".
    Agreed. When you make blanket statements like this it seems like it was written by an angry teenager.

I want to drag and drop my content, so sue me.
    So sue me? Angry young man aren't we? Don't ever think someone could have a different opinion?

E-mail on the iPhone stinks and it will always stink.
    Stinks, huh? And will always stink? Always is a long time.

If you take anything from this review let it be this: donít buy the Touchstone and always plug the Pre into a direct power source.

Nice conclusion. Would have been nicer if there were any facts or reasons why this is. This is the last line of the true review before the reviewer really goes off to la la land.

That is the plight of a high profile tech blogger like myself.
    Yep, when you have to refer to your as a "high profile blogger" so everyone will know, you're actually not.
    The reviewer is really obnoxious. He seems to write with a cocky tone of self import.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    If you take anything from this review let it be this: donít buy the Touchstone and always plug the Pre into a direct power source.
    Where the hell did that come from? It's nowhere to be found in the review.

Now I don't know why I should not buy a touchstone.
    behind iPhone OS?

what pile of BS is that? He must think DOS is better than windows then.
  8. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Title should read as follows:

Palm Pre: this tech journalists impressions

instead of

Review: Palm Pre.

It's not really a review, now is it?
    Maybe he is referring to the excessive heat issue related to use of the TouchStone?
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    It's like he hates life.
    Except he also says:

The Pre is a stellar device and I’m 80 percent sure that I will pass on the iPhone 3G S (iPhone fanboy I am not) and ditch my BlackBerry Curve.
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtrader View Post
    Stinks, huh? And will always stink? Always is a long time.
    True, but email on the iPhone really does stink and Apple has done little to improve it since 1.0.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Where the hell did that come from? It's nowhere to be found in the review.

Now I don't know why I should not buy a touchstone.
    rofl...I read that "review" and I had to read it like 3 times when I got to that line...I was like....wtf...did I miss something? Did I really drink that much tonight?!?!?