Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    My Pre will sometimes just randomly turn off. I'll plug it into charge overnight and when I get it in the morning it is off and not charged. I'll leave it on my desk and when I return it is off. It's not every time, but once a day about. And its not the loose battery issue when you close the slider. I have kept it closed, left it, and came back and its off and I have to wait 2 minutes for it to start back up.
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I haven't had any issues with the phone randomly shutting down. However, I have had the phone shut down if it is in my front pants pocket and I sit down. I guess occassionally when I'm sitting with the phone in my pocket, that it's in just the right position to hold the power button down.
    it is very possible for that corner button being where it is located and the positioning of the device in say a pocket, given the pressure could allow the menu to come up to [TURN OFF - AIRPLANE MODE or CANCEL] and im thinking it is very possible for that TURN OFF option to be accidentally poked
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    How can it be poked if my fingers never come in contact with the screen? I have literally pluggin in my Pre via USB...played around with it...layed it on my desk and the next morning I slide it up and nothing happens. I have to power it on and the charge is at like 56%. Not cool at all.
    Yup and I started a thread on it a while ago. At the time I thought it was rebooting but it was actually just turned off. It never happens when I'm using it. Only when I put it down for a little while. I think I'm going to call Palm today about it since it has happened again since 1.0.3.

http://forums.precentral.net/hardwar...n-reboots.html
    One thing I'm noticing is it happens less when you keep it fully charged. If you let it get below 60% or so it happens way more often.
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    That's a little unrealistic for me, and that shouldn't be the case anyway. That means I could get about 5 hours of use before having to recharge it...I guess I'll call palm. My software has quite a few quirks in it.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    You may have a loose battery. There was a report where pre's were turning off when the keypad was pulled down. The fix was to put paper in the battery compartment to tighten the battery as to not have any movement.
    600P, 700P, Current 800W
    Daughter Centro
    http://insidesprintnow.wordpress.com...elief-minutes/ The ultimate smartphone!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    It has happened once to me too. It was very annoying, but I have not seen it since. I noticed it only after 1.0.3, but I have only had it for a few days.
    This exact thing has happened to me, even including the whole "not charging" thing. I put it on the charger overnight(supplied wall charger, not touchstone) and in the morning the phone has not charged at all. And the random shut-offs happen sporadically. I went into a Sprint store today, they put my name on the list(i had like 5 people in front of me at the store) and I briefly explained to the guy what was going on and he said he's heard of this and it would not be a problem getting my phone replaced. I waited 20 minutes and got a call(i was actually working when I went to the store) so I had to bolt out of the store...I ended up boucing from call to call today so I couldnt return to the store today....We'll see what happens tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by frediev View Post
    You may have a loose battery. There was a report where pre's were turning off when the keypad was pulled down. The fix was to put paper in the battery compartment to tighten the battery as to not have any movement.
    Not a loose battery, trust me this is another issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by sub150 View Post
    My Pre will sometimes just randomly turn off. I'll plug it into charge overnight and when I get it in the morning it is off and not charged. I'll leave it on my desk and when I return it is off. It's not every time, but once a day about. And its not the loose battery issue when you close the slider. I have kept it closed, left it, and came back and its off and I have to wait 2 minutes for it to start back up.
    Ok so I contacted Palm and they made me do a "partial reset" and the problem hasn't occurred since (3 days now). Here are the instructions slightly modified by me to ensure no data loss.

1. Close all open applications.
    2. Go to "Backup" located where your "Device Info" is.
    3. If it's on click "Backup Now". If it's not on, do so now and do a backup.
    4. Slide Backup switch to "Off" (very important)
    5. Go to "Device Info" ---> "Reset Options"
    6. Choose "Partial Erase" and the device will reset.

After it reboots you should have everything back to normal no need to do anything else. I think the logic here is one of the apps from the App Store was screwing up the device and this operation clears up that.

Let me know if this solves the problem for you.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Hadn't happen to me yet.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    My phone rebooted the other day when i launched the messaging app it froze and rebooted. I've seen my iphone, and G1 do worse things while frozen so I wasnt too worried.