1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if there will be email encryption over the air/for the device? My corporation won't allow me to send/receive email until there is some sort of encryption support for the device like on Blackberries they have BES or Windows mobile that has Good link. Any insight would be great, thanks.
    SSL is supported.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    Any IT department should be able to look into this device and give you the green light (or not). It currently supports SSL connections to POP, IMAP and EAS so you should not have any issues getting it approved. Just have your IT folks call Palm.

If you require some other EAS features then you are SOL for now.....
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Any IT department should be able to look into this device and give you the green light (or not). It currently supports SSL connections to POP, IMAP and EAS so you should not have any issues getting it approved. Just have your IT folks call Palm.

If you require some other EAS features then you are SOL for now.....
    The device itself has to have encryption(protect email to phone from phone vice versa on the exchange side) and work with the security policy of the exchange server(pin device lock)if I'm making any sense :\.
    Quote Originally Posted by skilledone View Post
    The device itself has to have encryption(protect email to phone from phone vice versa on the exchange side) and work with the security policy of the exchange server(pin device lock)if I'm making any sense :\.

I have been told we should expect this anytime. (pin device lock) Can anyone confirm this please ?
    Quote Originally Posted by skilledone View Post
    You are making sense :-)

You are covered on the Exchange encryption side of things but not on the PIN lock. That functionality is not available yet but Palm has said (from various sources) that it will be soon, 2 months or less.