Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Why is it that everyone who shares something even a tad bit negative about the Pre gets labeled and dismissed as a liar or an Apple fanboy on these forums? Stop being so insecure and defensive about the Palm Pre - it doesn't help. You are as bad as the real fanboys and trolls.

Why is anyone on these forums required to make several dozen glorified posts about the Palm Pre before they can list out the problems they have experienced? It's a first generation, unproven product and is bound to have a tons of issues that need to be worked through. Stop pretending to be blind to these and start making providing more meaningful feedback so Palm can improve the Pre to compete in this new environment. Comments like "I LUV MY PRE AND IPHONE SUCKZ LOLZ" are worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Travish View Post
    During my lunch hour i was holding my Pre in my hand while walking to the nearby shopping center in Sunnyvale. I walked by a guy who said, "Is that a Pre?" I stated yes and he went on to tell me how his company was going to develop for it, but that it wasn't capable of anything graphic intensive or multimedia like the iPhone is. I don't know anything about how the phone works so I didn't understand most of what he said.

He mentioned something about how the screen is different. He said the use of linux and the web stuff makes the phone very inefficient and not good for developers. I told him I thought that since it ran off that anyone can make an app. He said yeah. He said its great for lists, check off app things, but not for any type of multimedia or games. He said this has turned off many developers.

He mentioned something about how the palm backup isn't subject to certain laws and that it can be data mined in another country or something. He told me to be careful. He also said the mandatory updates are a gray zone and could be considered illegal. He also said my pre was the first he had ever seen in 'the wild.'
    Then he went back to work at the Apple Store next door.
    Submit your Pre feature requests and vote up the best at http://pre.uservoice.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jmaine View Post
    Why is it that everyone who shares something even a tad bit negative about the Pre gets labeled and dismissed as a liar or an Apple fanboy on these forums? Stop being so insecure and defensive about the Palm Pre - it doesn't help. You are as bad as the real fanboys and trolls.

Why is anyone on these forums required to make several dozen glorified posts about the Palm Pre before they can list out the problems they have experienced? It's a first generation, unproven product and is bound to have a tons of issues that need to be worked through. Stop pretending to be blind to these and start making providing more meaningful feedback so Palm can improve the Pre to compete in this new environment. Comments like "I LUV MY PRE AND IPHONE SUCKZ LOLZ" are worthless.
    Apple fanboy.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmaine View Post

I'm with you jmaine. Overall I love what this phone is capable of, but I'm disappointed with a lot... particularly the crappy build quality. I've had a lot of phones and never had one that I loved as much as this AND had so many issues with. I am rooting big time for palm and I hope my next PRE is better. BUT everyone needs to accept criticism and if we don't post problems/issues why would Palm feel compelled to make it better? Is this forum supposed to be a lovefest or a real forum? I don't want to be a fanboy, I just check the site to see about Pre news hoping they work some of the kinks out. I suspect lots of people are in my camp.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345