Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As many of you, I am on my third palm pre. First one, the screen would freeze, closing slider would turn off my phone, and dead pixels. Second one, A huge blotch right by the usb that remained constant and finally my third one, with another blotch not nearly as large as the second one but none the less visible and annoying.

Now I have NEVER been the type of anal customer to complain or nit pick however, I simply want what the rest of consumers want when we purchase a device... Perfection!

Now I am aware that this is a 1.0 device and bugs and glitches will come. I am absolutely in love with web os and have never experienced what I can do with the Pre with any other phone and believe me, I owned a bunch of phones throughout my life. I also am a very patient and understanding person and truly appreciate the amount of customer service I have received from Sprint and Palm. Both exchanges, no questions asked.

With that said, I didn't even have the intention of exchanging my Pre a third time but I simply called Palm to find out what resolution they are working on, and perhaps maybe a future update would remedy this. They took my name and # and said someone from level 2 tech would call me back. Sure enough, the very next day which is today, they called me back and not only offered to answer all my questions, but to my amazement told me they will be sending me a brand new unit and they will inspect it themselves and run several tests on it to make sure it is flawless. They also sent me a confirmation email which I would like to share with everyone to reassure you all, if you are having issues on your third, fourth, and even fifth Pre's do not hesitate to contact Palm as they will be happy to service you and exchange it. Their program is called "Early customer feedback program" and as long as we use it within our 30 days we are golden. I apologize for the drawn out post, but I feel everyone needs to know how superb Palm and Sprint's cs is.

Kudos to Palm and sprint, here is the email:

This email confirms that we have created a Service Repair Order (SRO) for you to participate in Palm's Early Customer Feedback Program. You will be receiving a package containing your replacement device with packaging and a prepaid return Airbill label for the return of your device.

Please note that the invitation to participate in Palm's Early Customer Feedback Program is only valid for the next 30 days. If your defective device is not received by us within that time, this order will be cancelled and we ask that you return the replacement device using the airbill label provided to you with the package from Palm.

In the package from Palm, you should find the following:

Your Replacement device
    A smaller inner box
    Bubble wrap material inside the inner box
    An Instruction Letter
    An Airbill Label

To send your Defective device back to Palm, please do the following:

1) Place your defective device and all other components that came with the product originally in the inner box. Please use the included bubble wrap packing material to make sure that the Palm device is cushioned for it's shipment to Palm.
    2) DO NOT include any extra accessories or storage cards which you may have purchased at the same time as the purchase of your product as they will not be returned to you.
    3) Close the inner box. You do not need to seal the inner box.
    4) Seal the outer box with shipping tape that you will need to supply.
    5) The shipping address is pre-printed on the Airbill so that the device can be delivered to Palm.
    6) Please write your Palm Service Repair Order Number on the outside of the box so we can more easily track the package thru our records. You can find your Palm Service Repair Order at the top of this letter.
    7) Attach the Airbill to the outer box by peeling off the self-adhesive backing (refer to the instructions on the back of the Airbill for help in doing this).
    8) Call Fed-X for a pickup of the box at 1-800-463-3339

Do not respond to this email. If you have any questions, please contact Palm at 877-426-3777.

Thank you
    Palm Customer Service Team
    That is great news. Which number did you call for customer support?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberstven View Post
    That is great news. Which number did you call for customer support?
    Hey Steven,

Their palm Butler service # is 866-750-7256.
  4. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    wow thats amazing..i called palm last wed because i needed my device exchanged due to multiple deffects, they told me someone would call me back from level 2 tech

heres a shocker
    i have yet to hear back from anyone
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    awesome! i just might take this route rather than accept the flaws of my unit. i have 2 of the common problems:

1) discolored pixels above the gesture area and
    2) phone shutting off when sliding it closed (though i have a piece of paper keeping the battery in place right now and haven't dealt with the issue since, i feel this is a bit tacky and should be unnecessary for a $550 phone )
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    wow thats amazing..i called palm last wed because i needed my device exchanged due to multiple deffects, they told me someone would call me back from level 2 tech

heres a shocker
    i have yet to hear back from anyone
    D94 call them again! We need to be procative bc they are extremely busy but WOW their customer service is phenomenal. It will all be worth it hopefully once we receive our non defective pres.

@smore that's exactly how I felt. I mean we could settle for imperfections but why!
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I called for the FUN of it and told them my pre screen wobbles (which it did but I fixed it for now). The lady told me "for this one we cannot do anything but you can go an exchange it at your local sprint store." I told them about this thread and how they helped someone out blah blah blah and she said "let me see what I can do for this one."

She came back and said I have 2 choices. Get it repaired or go exchange it at sprint store. She said she was going to transfer me to a sprint store so I can tlk to them so I can get a new phone. I told her (2nd time) they DONT have any in stock anywhere.

And yes I told her, I will get a NEW phone, its called an iphone 3gs. Than I said I'm going to cancel my 3 lines and go back to att. She said "ok sir."

And I hung up.
  8. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    seeee not everyone is getting the experience the OP is, im currently on hold and have been on the phone for 40 min. i was told my phone is not eligible for replacement. i then proceeded to tell the CSR that basically what shes telling me is that because my phone has manufacturing defects in the screen, keyboard, battery doesnt last more than 6-8 regardless of settings, that im a sprint tech and run a service center and know what a NON DEFFECTIVE unit should be and that i can easily order myself a replacement device and have a refurb in my hands tomarrow but i didnt pay 300 hundo and sign for 2yrs for that, thus this is how they are producing them and im expected to accept it? well im being transferred to someone else right now..we'll see how it goes

cant believe palm is giving people the run around, i shouldnt have to fight to get this 2 week old phone replaced. and with this kind of customer service im not sure how palm will survive
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Preman View Post
    I called for the FUN of it and told them my pre screen wobbles (which it did but I fixed it for now). The lady told me "for this one we cannot do anything but you can go an exchange it at your local sprint store." I told them about this thread and how they helped someone out blah blah blah and she said "let me see what I can do for this one."

She came back and said I have 2 choices. Get it repaired or go exchange it at sprint store. She said she was going to transfer me to a sprint store so I can tlk to them so I can get a new phone. I told her (2nd time) they DONT have any in stock anywhere.

And yes I told her, I will get a NEW phone, its called an iphone 3gs. Than I said I'm going to cancel my 3 lines and go back to att. She said "ok sir."

And I hung up.

I don't think calling up for the "FUN of it" and acting like an a-s-s is going to be helpful to everyone else calling for real issues.
    Yeah see, I've called Palm directly twice, with no luck either time. Once they told me I needed to get it exchanged at a Sprint Store (already did that, got another bad unit and now there's a 40 person waiting list). The second time they told me I could have it repaired but would not send me a brand new unit.

I've heard of a couple of people getting to this magical "level 2" support, but I have no idea how they did it. All I seem to get is a call center in India telling me what I've already told you about.

Will this "Palm Butler" service take us directly to who we need to talk to for a replacement?
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone with Palm after speaking with level 2 support. They told me to exchange at Sprint again, have them repair it (5-7 days), or they could do an Advance Exchange for $29 + tax to have one shipped to me asap.
  12. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Palm service is good when you can actually understand what they're saying. I called regarding issues updating to 1.0.3, and just could not decipher what the first guy was saying. I had to call a second time and talk to someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post

With that said, I didn't even have the intention of exchanging my Pre a third time but I simply called Palm to find out what resolution they are working on, and perhaps maybe a future update would remedy this. They took my name and # and said someone from level 2 tech would call me back. Sure enough, the very next day which is today, they called me back and not only offered to answer all my questions, but to my amazement told me they will be sending me a brand new unit and they will inspect it themselves and run several tests on it to make sure it is flawless. They also sent me a confirmation email which I would like to share with everyone to reassure you all, if you are having issues on your third, fourth, and even fifth Pre's do not hesitate to contact Palm as they will be happy to service you and exchange it. Their program is called "Early customer feedback program" and as long as we use it within our 30 days we are golden. I apologize for the drawn out post, but I feel everyone needs to know how superb Palm and Sprint's cs is.

Did you get the new phone? How is it? I am going through the process right now seeing if they will take care of me, I am on my third pre as well.
    I just got off with them a couple hours ago. They tried charging me $30 for shipping so I threatened to get the iphone and the dude was like, whatever you like (very smart palm, make your customer pay for your error). I then asked for a supervisor and *****ed to her and they waived the $30 "this one time". I feel a little ******y, but I don't think I should have to pay for a blotchy screen.
    Awesome.. You guys call, I'm gonna march down to Sunnyvale(luckily an hours drive) and just go bother rubeinstein until I get a perfect one! Hehehehe... Nah, I'll probably give Palm a call and make them get their act together on this one. My Sprint store has been real friendly and I feel bad about having them exchange my phones a bazillion times.
    On the phone now with palm. The very overly polite (obviously foreign) phone operator said they want me to send my phone to them (palm) so they can verify these problems (over heating, dead pixels, loose slider). I said "so I am supposed to not have a phone for x amount of time, sorry I cannot do that". She is asking her "manager" what she can do. I have not been offered level 2 tech support but she is calling this an "advanced replacement" which sounds the opposite of advanced. .lol

update:

They would only offer me the so called "advanced replacement" where I pay $30 and they will send me a "reconditioned" phone, not a "new" one. I said I am going to replace this one with sprint and if there are problems that I would be calling them and we would work something out (ie: me not paying $30 and they give me a "new" phone).

To the original poster, I hope you get a "new" phone but I would suspect you are getting a reconditioned one.
    Last edited by TechFirstAid; 06/22/2009 at 06:49 PM.
    wow seems like they have it on lock. good luck with the phones guys.
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Honestly, why should anyone except a reconditioned phone when the phone they have now is defective from the manufacture. I certainly wouldn't accept a refurb. However from a business standpoint there reasoning is that they can never sell that returned phone as new. Well thats to bad, as they should have had tighter control over production.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    As many of you, I am on my third palm pre. First one, the screen would freeze, closing slider would turn off my phone, and dead pixels. Second one, A huge blotch right by the usb that remained constant and finally my third one, with another blotch not nearly as large as the second one but none the less visible and annoying.

Now I have NEVER been the type of anal customer to complain or nit pick however, I simply want what the rest of consumers want when we purchase a device... Perfection!

Now I am aware that this is a 1.0 device and bugs and glitches will come. I am absolutely in love with web os and have never experienced what I can do with the Pre with any other phone and believe me, I owned a bunch of phones throughout my life. I also am a very patient and understanding person and truly appreciate the amount of customer service I have received from Sprint and Palm. Both exchanges, no questions asked.

This email confirms that we have created a Service Repair Order (SRO) for you to participate in Palm's Early Customer Feedback Program. You will be receiving a package containing your replacement device with packaging and a prepaid return Airbill label for the return of your device.

Please note that the invitation to participate in Palm's Early Customer Feedback Program is only valid for the next 30 days. If your defective device is not received by us within that time, this order will be cancelled and we ask that you return the replacement device using the airbill label provided to you with the package from Palm.

In the package from Palm, you should find the following:

Your Replacement device
    A smaller inner box
    Bubble wrap material inside the inner box
    An Instruction Letter
    An Airbill Label

To send your Defective device back to Palm, please do the following:

1) Place your defective device and all other components that came with the product originally in the inner box. Please use the included bubble wrap packing material to make sure that the Palm device is cushioned for it's shipment to Palm.
    2) DO NOT include any extra accessories or storage cards which you may have purchased at the same time as the purchase of your product as they will not be returned to you.
    3) Close the inner box. You do not need to seal the inner box.
    4) Seal the outer box with shipping tape that you will need to supply.
    5) The shipping address is pre-printed on the Airbill so that the device can be delivered to Palm.
    6) Please write your Palm Service Repair Order Number on the outside of the box so we can more easily track the package thru our records. You can find your Palm Service Repair Order at the top of this letter.
    7) Attach the Airbill to the outer box by peeling off the self-adhesive backing (refer to the instructions on the back of the Airbill for help in doing this).
    8) Call Fed-X for a pickup of the box at 1-800-463-3339

Do not respond to this email. If you have any questions, please contact Palm at 877-426-3777.

Thank you
    Palm Customer Service Team
    Actually Palm called me this morning after I emailed them last week and they are also sending me a new Pre
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    I just got off the phone with Palm after speaking with level 2 support. They told me to exchange at Sprint again, have them repair it (5-7 days), or they could do an Advance Exchange for $29 + tax to have one shipped to me asap.
    they actually waived the $30 fee to send me a new one. I did not even ask, actually when I emailed them it was about my first Pre that had several bad pixels, a few days later Best Buy got another in so I exchanged it. This one is a bit better but the screen really twists badly and the center button is almost flush. I explained this to the Palm rep this morning and all on his own he said "That is unacceptable for a new device" and then offered to send me a new one that they would test first and no charge!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast