Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Should I bother calling corp or just send them back this blotch of a phone? lol
  2. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    Should I bother calling corp or just send them back this blotch of a phone? lol
    well if this device was hand tested and still came like that you can try, otherwise you might want to give retentions a go at 866-840-9537 and let them know about your experience, its what im about to do
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    well if this device was hand tested and still came like that you can try, otherwise you might want to give retentions a go at 866-840-9537 and let them know about your experience, its what im about to do
    But wouldn't you think this would be Palm related and NOT sprint bc it is coming direct from Palm?
  4. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    But wouldn't you think this would be Palm related and NOT sprint bc it is coming direct from Palm?
    you would think so
    but it seems palm is incapable of mass producing quality pre's or even hand test the damn things
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
  5.    #45  
    D94 you've seen many customers defective pres and you have seen my pic, do you think I am overreacting or is it truly defective?
  6. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    D94 you've seen many customers defective pres and you have seen my pic, do you think I am overreacting or is it truly defective?
    its deffective
    a few of my buddies have perfect pre's without the screen problems we're experiencing. palm tried to tell me that my phone didn't qualify for replacement and when i reiterated that they were telling me that this is how they intended to produce the device, the rep was put in check. we're not overreacting we simply want to get what we paid for and personally i wont accept anything less. its a shame we have to go through all this trouble just to get what we were expecting in the first place
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    go ahead and call corporate. if not just for you, than for all pre owners and future pre owners that want to get their money's worth on a really expensive device. if they get enough frustrated owners calling hopefully it'll wake them up.

i'm currently waiting for my 4th Pre (it's complicated but I just went through my TEP with Asurion because my Sprint Store promised me to refund the $100 deductible after i complained for an hour in the store when they refused to exchange my 2nd Pre... got a 3rd through Asurion that has a chip in the screen although it is not refurbished).

Oh yeah, and i tried calling Palm ~10 days ago, went to level 2 and was told that they'd call me back "within 48 hours" to get my info to ship me out a replacement. Still haven't heard back.
  8.    #48  
    WOW! Just got off the phone with escalations at corporate and they handled it very professionally and basic offered me 2 options:

1) Do an advanced exchange which usually is $400 and they said they would only charge $1.00 to my account and would be happy to exchange it out.

2) Go back to the sprint store I bought it at and tell them to exchange it out for a new one and test the new one in the store charging to make sure there are no defects.

Also, for my troubles they are allowing me to keep all the new accessories that came in the replacement box, so I now have 2 sets of everything... Not too shabby!

What do you guys think i should do?
  9. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    WOW! Just got off the phone with escalations at corporate and they handled it very professionally and basic offered me 2 options:

1) Do an advanced exchange which usually is $400 and they said they would only charge $1.00 to my account and would be happy to exchange it out.

2) Go back to the sprint store I bought it at and tell them to exchange it out for a new one and test the new one in the store charging to make sure there are no defects.

Also, for my troubles they are allowing me to keep all the new accessories that came in the replacement box, so I now have 2 sets of everything... Not too shabby!

What do you guys think i should do?
    nice to see they're doing something for you..however id check on that advance exchange as i was told its not possible to get anything but a refurb, make sure they'll send you a new one and trully test it to ensure its free of deffects. or if you feel like it go to the sprint store..dunno how they'll handle you going through new pre's till you find one free of deffects but if they let you i certainly would
    Quote Originally Posted by ahnoff View Post
    go ahead and call corporate. if not just for you, than for all pre owners and future pre owners that want to get their money's worth on a really expensive device. if they get enough frustrated owners calling hopefully it'll wake them up.

i'm currently waiting for my 4th Pre (it's complicated but I just went through my TEP with Asurion because my Sprint Store promised me to refund the $100 deductible after i complained for an hour in the store when they refused to exchange my 2nd Pre... got a 3rd through Asurion that has a chip in the screen although it is not refurbished).

Oh yeah, and i tried calling Palm ~10 days ago, went to level 2 and was told that they'd call me back "within 48 hours" to get my info to ship me out a replacement. Still haven't heard back.
    I'm glad they are taking care of your situation, but for you to have to go through Asurion is wrong. Correct me if I'm wrong but you only get 3 replacement phones in a 12 months time period. I know you said they will refund teh $100, but the question is will that replacement count as one of the three replacements?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123