Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    On the phone now with palm. The very overly polite (obviously foreign) phone operator said they want me to send my phone to them (palm) so they can verify these problems (over heating, dead pixels, loose slider). I said "so I am supposed to not have a phone for x amount of time, sorry I cannot do that". She is asking her "manager" what she can do. I have not been offered level 2 tech support but she is calling this an "advanced replacement" which sounds the opposite of advanced. .lol

update:

They would only offer me the so called "advanced replacement" where I pay $30 and they will send me a "reconditioned" phone, not a "new" one. I said I am going to replace this one with sprint and if there are problems that I would be calling them and we would work something out (ie: me not paying $30 and they give me a "new" phone).

To the original poster, I hope you get a "new" phone but I would suspect you are getting a reconditioned one.
    luckily when I called I got an American. Also they are sending a NEW Palm not a refurbished one
    Again, I'd love to somehow get a hold of this magical department where I'm talking to someone not working in a call center and sends you new phones on a whim.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I don't think calling up for the "FUN of it" and acting like an a-s-s is going to be helpful to everyone else calling for real issues.

If you READ my post you would see that I wrote I had the wobbling screen but I fixed it FOR NOW. Meaning it could go bad again! And why should it be ME that has to fix it??

So the "FUN" was that if they did not do the exchange it would be okay since I still have plenty of time to exchange it if I want. And I did not act like the so called a-s-s until the VERY END when it was HOPELESS, than I said I will get a new phone call iphone 3gs.

This make better sense for you now?
    What is Palms email support address? I can't find it
    There is no spoon
    Thanks for posting your story. I really believe that both sprint and palm have made a great effort in making their customer service better.
  6.    #26  
    Did you get the new phone? How is it? I am going through the process right now seeing if they will take care of me, I am on my third pre as well.
    It was just shipped out earlier today, and here is the shipping confirmation email they sent me as well along with the tracking info. I also verified that this is NOT a refurb unit and also know how to check if it is a refurbished unit (##786#) so I doubt they would blatantly lie to me. Tech, I will make sure I keep you all posted regarding the quality on this unit.

For everyone else, please be patient and I am extremely confident that your issues will be resolved.

Here are the other 2 emails Palm sent me as well:

Dear Customer,

This is a confirmation that we have shipped your order.Please use the order information provided below for reference.

Customer name: preman2be913 (LOL)

Order date: 06/22/09 1:06:42 PM

Order number: S1-51631322686

Product: SKU, PRE, WEBOS, EVDO, SPRINT

Shipped date:

Way Bill number:

Carrier: Fed Ex

Do not respond to this email. If you have questions, please contact us at (877) 726-PALM.

Thank you.

Palm Customer Service Team

& This email:

Your recent order with Palm has been processed. A device has been shipped to you.

You should be receiving the device within the next three business days via Federal Express. To check current shipment status, click on the link below.

IMPORTANT:
    Package tracking numbers are pre-assigned at our distribution center. After you receive this email, it may take up to the end of the next business day for tracking information to become active in Federal Express system. If the link above contains no information, check it again in 24 hours.

Do not reply back to this email address. This is an unmonitored mailbox. If you require support assistance, go to www.palm.com/support to locate the appropriate support department for your product.
    I put in a request for "level 2 support" since the doo doo head I got wouldn't budge, any advice when/if they call? Should I reference that a "friend" was having similar problems and was sent a phone in advance for no charge and it was not a refurb? My 3rd pre has 5 dead pixels, yellow blotches, really loose slider/front piece, and heat issues.
  8.    #28  
    I put in a request for "level 2 support" since the doo doo head I got wouldn't budge, any advice when/if they call? Should I reference that a "friend" was having similar problems and was sent a phone in advance for no charge and it was not a refurb? My 3rd pre has 5 dead pixels, yellow blotches, really loose slider/front piece, and heat issues.
    They will definitely call Tech. Keep in mind, I called them on Friday about this issue, and they called me back today so it may take some time but hopefully it will be worth it for us. I found the more patient and understanding I was with them, the more they wanted to make sure I am a satisfied customer. We just want an issue free Pre and they completely understand that. I even told them I can live with this blotch bc it's way smaller than the 2nd pre I had. He said, ABSOLUTELy NOT, we want to make sure, our customers have an issue free device.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    Thanks for posting your story. I really believe that both sprint and palm have made a great effort in making their customer service better.
    you're welcome syphex and yes they definitely are!
    So should I just call the front desk and ask for Level 2 Support? Is that how you got through to them, or did they transfer you there? Because the place I got transferred to definitely doesn't sound anything like what you got.
    I'm glad to hear that Palm replied to the OP. Some of the other posts I'm feeling a little skeptical about but the OP has been posting on these forums for a while always with balanced points of view which to me increases his legitimacy.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dookie View Post
    So should I just call the front desk and ask for Level 2 Support? Is that how you got through to them, or did they transfer you there? Because the place I got transferred to definitely doesn't sound anything like what you got.
    Dookie, call the Palm Butler service # 866-750-7256 and tell them your situation. They most likely won't transfer you but they will write up a ticket, which is what they did for me, and will have level 2 call you back, and believe me they will call you back. Just be understanding and patient with the operator who takes down your info and creates a ticket # and make sure she gives you the ticket # so you can have as a reference just in case. THoroughly, explain every issue your Pre has, and let her know you would much rather go through Palm directly bc someone can physically inspect and test your unit. If you want, by all means tell her about my experience and how Palm took care of me and it's only fair they take care of each and everyone of us, which ultimately they will.

@ rongo- I appreciate your insight and not doubting me or my credibility!
  13.    #33  
    So I received a replacement Pre as Palm promised and although it is a brand spanking new unit with the yellow box and all new accessories, it unfortunately has worse blotches than my other one lol so I decided to keep my old one and send Palm back the new one. What do you guys think? I took pics of the blotches on the brand new one that Palm said would be "tested" prior to getting shipped to me and would like to post them on here. Does anyone know how I post hem on here?

Although I am extremely impressed with the exceptional customer service I received from Palm, unfortunately this unit's blotches look awful so I am at a lost for words. What do you guys think? Should I call corporate?
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    So I received a replacement Pre as Palm promised and although it is a brand spanking new unit with the yellow box and all new accessories, it unfortunately has worse blotches than my other one lol so I decided to keep my old one and send Palm back the new one. What do you guys think? I took pics of the blotches on the brand new one that Palm said would be "tested" prior to getting shipped to me and would like to post them on here. Does anyone know how I post hem on here?

Although I am extremely impressed with the exceptional customer service I received from Palm, unfortunately this unit's blotches look awful so I am at a lost for words. What do you guys think? Should I call corporate?
    I think its fair to say that Palm is seriously dropping the ball here. They tried to rush this product out the door and are going to pay the price. Im worried about my new contract with Sprint because if my next unit is no good, Im going to jump ship get the iphone and come back to Sprint when the production and performance issues are fixed.

If your current Pre is in better condition than what you received, I'd keep the current one then.

As far as posting pics, you can put them on a free pic sharing service such as imageshack.us and then post the URL.
  15. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts

couldnt hurt but you might just be more frustrated by the time your done
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...even-care.html
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    This is why refurbs are better than new devices, they go through more testing than just being shipped off the manufacturing line.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    This is why refurbs are better than new devices, they go through more testing than just being shipped off the manufacturing line.
    I concur.
  18.    #38  
    WOW D94 That would get me upset. I attached a pic so let me know what u all think...

It is much worse in person... TRUST ME! lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
  19. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    you would think so, however working for sprint the last 8 months and runnin a service center i cant tell you the amount of defective refurb's we've received
    and so far all 5 replacement pre's that customers of mine have received were far from perfect.
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
  20. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    WOW D94 That would get me upset. I attached a pic so let me know what u all think...

It is much worse in person... TRUST ME! lol
    yeah after my experience im really not as excited as i was, and now palm just pisses me off..i don't understand how a company could sell so many defective devices. they really need to get on top of quality control
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast