Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Decided to watch a movie on the Pre I had originally had on the Instinct (Doomsday). I was pretty impressed.

I could switch between wide screen and full screen with no loss of quality.

Video quality was great, no skipping or pixelation. Sound through the included headphones (I don't use BT headphones, call me crazy) was pretty good as well.

The Pre found it right away (movies sit in /movies and videos in /videos on my Pre) and it showed them all within a second or so.

Didn't check on battery life, had it plugged into the usb port.

BTW, if Rhona Mitre is on this forum, I'm available ...
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  2. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Experience any overheating while watching the vid?
    Follow Me On Twitter: www.twitter.com/YaBoiD
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Heh, I'm waiting to get Emperor's New Groove (favorite movie) on my Pre...
    Handbrake didn't work, but I'll figure out a way.

Anyway, I got a couple of dance videos (Quest Crew) on my Pre, and it turned out to be just as good as I saw it on Youtube, so I'm impressed as well.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Just finishing Superbad right now, mys econd movie in two days. I am surprised I like watching movies on this thing, but it's great. I love the controls, flicking it back to 'rewind' a little bit. Makes watching parts over fairly easy. I will have to get more movies on the computer to swap over I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    Experience any overheating while watching the vid?
    You mean the phone, or him? Rhona Mitra....hubba hubba!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    What folder do i put videos in on the pre? I added one to the main root directory of the pre. But it's not showing up under videos!
    Quote Originally Posted by s0urce View Post
    What folder do i put videos in on the pre? I added one to the main root directory of the pre. But it's not showing up under videos!
    what filetype is that video?
    .avi ^^

I figured if I tossed it next to the havefun.mp4 file it should work
    I love youtube on this thing.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    How did you load the file? What file extension type? How do you get it to open after USB transfer? Thanks Steve
    Oddly enough, I put my first video on my Pre yesterday. Today on the commute to work (via train), I was watching Transformers in preparation for the second movie. Actually I didn't notice any overheating.

For those asking questions, the Pre will recognize files regardless of what folder it's in. I created a folder called video on mine for management purposes. The videos either need to be formatted in .mp4 or H.263/264. When you plug the Pre into your system, a menu will pop up asking either to Media Sync, use it as a USB Drive, or Charge. Just choose Media Sync or USB Drive.
    i tried putting a vid from my itunes since i have quite a few digital copies form Blu-rays. Anyone know how to get those on my pre
    Quote Originally Posted by s0urce View Post
    .avi ^^

I figured if I tossed it next to the havefun.mp4 file it should work
    you need to convert that avi file to an mp4 file. use handbrake. it's free, and it's quick.
    I watched a TV show on mine the other day, and I was really surprised by how good it looked. I have an iPod Touch and I was still taken back at the video quality.
    Jordan Mack
    webOS Chat
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I got Handbrake to work. You just use the "iphone" presets for video type/quality. makes a very nice video. I watched six episodes ripped from a season DVD that I own.
    what settings and format did you use? i would be curious to see how long the Pre lasts watching a video.
    Yeah, I have an iPhone encoded version of Dark Knight on my Pre, and it looks great. I haven't actually watched the whole movie on it, it's really more just for the purposes of showing off, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Yeah, I have an iPhone encoded version of Dark Knight on my Pre, and it looks great. I haven't actually watched the whole movie on it, it's really more just for the purposes of showing off, but still.
    How did you get that on your Pre? Is it in your Itunes?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRick10 View Post
    How did you get that on your Pre? Is it in your Itunes?
    No, didn't buy it from iTunes (I'm pretty sure iTunes Video downloads are DRM-infested still).

I own the Blu-ray, so I felt entirely comfortable getting it through some less legitimate means... though you can also easily use Handbrake to manually encode from the DVD as mentioned above.
    Yeah i have the BD also. I uploaded the digital copy that came with the BD. I thought since the pre syncs with itunes i would be able to tranfer it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast