Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    Experience any overheating while watching the vid?
    Didn't notice anything hot, warm, yes. Had it plugged in as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Rhona Mitra....hubba hubba!
    +100 on that ^^

Quote Originally Posted by s0urce View Post
    What folder do i put videos in on the pre? I added one to the main root directory of the pre. But it's not showing up under videos!
    I connected the USB cord and selected USB drive. Used explorer, navigated to the Pre and created a folder named "movies". One for "videos" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by smoresrock View Post
    what filetype is that video?
    mp4

Quote Originally Posted by sblankdds View Post
    How did you load the file? What file extension type? How do you get it to open after USB transfer? Thanks Steve
    Did a file transfer via the usb. Took about 6 or 7 minutes to move (411 mb).
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Yeah, I have an iPhone encoded version of Dark Knight on my Pre, and it looks great. I haven't actually watched the whole movie on it, it's really more just for the purposes of showing off, but still.
    Coincidentally I just put "Dark Knight" on my Pre too but I went a different route. It's playing on HBO this month so I recorded it on a TiVo and used Roxio Popcorn to transfer it to my Mac and encode it for Pre using the default iPhone settings.

The quality is great. All I need now is time to watch it...
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    what settings and format did you use? i would be curious to see how long the Pre lasts watching a video.
    I posted in a thread on here somewhere yesterday that while watching a 1:47 long movie, with 5 or 6 pauses to go do something else, my battery dropped roughly 30-35%. I had the brightness turned down. I watched a movie today but had it plugged in most of the time so I couldn't keep track.
    I just use DVD catalyst 1.5 Free edition. Brainless operation. Picked the iPhone setting and hit the go button...told it where to save it, and that was that. Afterwards I plugged the Pre in, chose USB drive, and copied the movies to a folder I created named "movies". DVD catalyst picks 500mbit/s as the default setting, and to be honest, it doesn't need to be bumped any higher, it looks great with that setting, no need to waste more of that precious space on a higher bit rate.

I am transferring my 3 Lord of the Rings dvd's right now...lol, only the theatrical version, not the extended one!
    i tried using handbrake but im having a hard time
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRick10 View Post
    i tried using handbrake but im having a hard time
    I use it a lot. Are you trying to convert a DVD or a file?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Tried a file from itunes. Also tyring to convert a Hancock digital copy. All i get are 24kb files and dont play a thing
    Tried a file from itunes. Also tyring to convert a Hancock digital copy. All i get are 24kb files and dont play a thing
    You can't convert any files with DRM. Sounds like you have a couple of examples there.

Do you have a DVD you like laying around you can test with?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Isn't Doubletwist supposed to work on DRM stuff? I've never used it so I don't know for sure if it'd work.
    i have Scarface. What do i do?
    i have Scarface. What do i do?
    1. Insert DVD into computer drive (I am guessing windows)

2. Open HandBrake. Click the "Source" icon and select the DVD.

3. Click the "Toggle Presets" icon so you can see the Presets.

4. Click the triangle next to "Apple" then click "iPhone & iPod Touch".

5. Where it says "Destination" in the window browse to a place on your computer where you want to save the file.

6. Click the "Start" icon.

HandBrake will then start the encode. It will take some time depending on your computer settings.

Once HandBrake is complete, copy the resulting file over to your Pre via USB. Open the video player and play away.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Been wanting to get a vid on my Pre, but not sure how. Got some tips on here but I've never even ripped from a DVD. Not sure what program to use, but I'll look around I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazo View Post
    Been wanting to get a vid on my Pre, but not sure how. Got some tips on here but I've never even ripped from a DVD. Not sure what program to use, but I'll look around I guess.
    Did you even read the post just before yours? It doesn't get any more "no-brainer" than NickDG's fine post.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Handbrake works great. I have been using it for several years.
    have bruce almighty and harold and kumar go to white castle

has to try them out and WOW they look impressive

used handbrake for both...
    i liked watching vids on mine
  17. thekaitlin
    I use VisualHub on my mac and Videora on PC to convert files to play on the Pre (as I did to play on my iPod Touch before).

Super simple and straightforward. No issues yet!
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Try looking for something called "Requiem" for itunes DRM purchases.

Believe the latest versions only works with 8.1.1, not 8.2.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12