View Poll Results: Have you Pocket Dialed

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 18.60%
  • No

139 80.81%
  • I don't think so, but this might explain things..

1 0.58%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't pocket dial, BUT while I'm on a call I frequently 2-way call people. Actually EVERY time someone calls me & I press the phone to my cheek...the phone calls someone else while I'm on the first call.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissG View Post
    I don't pocket dial, BUT while I'm on a call I frequently 2-way call people. Actually EVERY time someone calls me & I press the phone to my cheek...the phone calls someone else while I'm on the first call.
    I agree with this too. Keep your fingers crossed that Palm figures out the timing a little better.
  3. d0c
    i am shocked that more people haven't had the pocket dialing problem. i wish there was an "are you sure you want to dial" app, because my pre pocket dials @ least once per week. doesn't just happen on speed dial or redial numbers either. i have somehow unlocked the phone in my pocket on a regular basis to find about 10 apps running. one always seems to be the phone. last time it happened, it dialed one of my patients, who is also a facebook contact. (why anyone puts their phone number in their FB profile is a topic for another day)

only reason i can think of that more people haven't had this problem is that they are using those cheezy-as$ phone holders and belt clips for their phone like the dudes @ the sprint stores. wait, maybe they keep it in their fanny packs lmao
    maybe your wife momentary manages to slightly open the pre and causing it to unlock
    Quote Originally Posted by d0c View Post
    i am shocked that more people haven't had the pocket dialing problem. i wish there was an "are you sure you want to dial" app, because my pre pocket dials @ least once per week.
    My wife has certainly had this problem (Yeah, I know this thread is old, but the problem hasn't gone away). With her it happens almost once a day, usually with a missed call.

I'd love an "are you sure you want to dial" patch (and would gladly pay for it).

I'm needing a new phone myself, but I simply cannot afford this kind of error, and I'll probably have to go with a droid.
    I did not realize so many of you had installed the "**** Dialer Pro" patch.
    I see pandas.
    There is a patch that ' closed the phone app after hangup ', which has solved the pocket dial issues for me at least. Set the screen lock to a really low # and that should solve the pocket dialing issues at least. Might get frustrating screen unlocking all the time. Perhaps you could request a patch that screen locks after phone hangup...?
    Quote Originally Posted by d0c View Post
    i have somehow unlocked the phone in my pocket on a regular basis to find about 10 apps running. one always seems to be the phone. last time it happened, it dialed one of my patients, who is also a facebook contact.
    When you put your phone intoyour pocket, turn the screen outward.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    When you put your phone intoyour pocket, turn the screen outward.
    I prefer to have it inward to protect the screen a bit more but I do put it outward when I am waiting for a reboot. That's the only time I have found things being 'pressed' by my thigh.

I do tend to close the phone app after making a call though so maybe that's why.
    HERE IS THE ANSWER: find the patch " Close on hangup "and install it. It will automatically shut your phone dialer off after you make (in/out) a call and drastically reduce the amount of pocket calls you make. The first 2 months of me having this phone drove most of my friends/contacts crazy, lucky for me 911 was NOT one of those calls.

ED -- looks like someone else had the same solution a couple of posts above, but I only read the first page. Oh well.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I use a holster...it protects the phone and my dignity
    I only had this problem when I had the phone icon on my quick launch bar, so I moved it off of there.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    It only happened to me while mowing the lawn... Apparently sweaty pockets can unlock the phone, open apps and even make calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    There is a patch that ' closed the phone app after hangup ', which has solved the pocket dial issues for me at least.
    I'm giving this a try.

I had previously used the "no missed callback" patch and that seemed to work for several months, but it recently stopped working for reasons I cannot explain (described in a thread entitled "HELP! Pre Accidentally Dialing" which the forum software will not allow me to link here).

Though I have always loved my palm pilots, this problem is really unacceptable for a professional that depends on a cell phone. I'm afraid I'm going to have to start shopping for a droid though it pains me no end.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12