1.    #1  
    I really want a Pre but I don't want to leave my house to go to a sprint store or best buy.... I know I'm lazy. The Iphone 3gs was released this past weekend and sold 1 million units and you can go right now to the At&t website and purchase one.... What gives sprint???? Maybe someone here might know something.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    I'm wondering the same thing. I had heard a rumor that today would be the day, but that obviously didn't come true
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I spoke with Customer Service last night and the guy said they were expecting to have the Pre available for purchase through them by the end of July. It was part of a longer convesation where he gave me an extra $50 credit for extending one of my lines where I was going to buy a Pre for that line in September. He said that I would get the Pre in Sept for the same $199, after rebate, that I paid on 6/6 for mine. He couldn't give me the $50 on one of my other lines where I was upgrading to a Pre next week, cause then the store wouldn't be able to process the sale for the same price.
    They've got long lists of people waiting for shipments at various retailers to fulfill before they start selling this phone online.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Yea it's called not enough pre's. Keep in mind Apple is an enormous company with tons of money so they can afford to build alot of product and have it sit in warehouses for a while. Both Palm and Sprint are no where near as big or have the same cash on hand to front costs associated with building these phones. The good thing is demand seems to continue to be good so production will continue, albeit slowly. I'm sure once they are confident that the phone is a hit, especially with additional providers, more money will appear for funding and production levels will increase as well.
  6.    #6  
    The end of july... Ouch! I guess I should go to the Best Buy near me and get on the four page waiting list they have for the Pre. Thanks for the info though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    They've got long lists of people waiting for shipments at various retailers to fulfill before they start selling this phone online.
    The Pre is still sold out in my area. My Sprint store still has a two week waiting list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    I really want a Pre but I don't want to leave my house to go to a sprint store or best buy.... I know I'm lazy. The Iphone 3gs was released this past weekend and sold 1 million units and you can go right now to the At&t website and purchase one.... What gives sprint???? Maybe someone here might know something.
    So just order your iPhone. Believe me, we'll ALL be a lot happier. :-P
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    So just order your iPhone. Believe me, we'll ALL be a lot happier. :-P
    I would but AT&T sucks where I live.... And I was asking a simple question there is no reason to be a **** about it
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    Yea it's called not enough pre's. Keep in mind Apple is an enormous company with tons of money so they can afford to build alot of product and have it sit in warehouses for a while. Both Palm and Sprint are no where near as big or have the same cash on hand to front costs associated with building these phones. The good thing is demand seems to continue to be good so production will continue, albeit slowly. I'm sure once they are confident that the phone is a hit, especially with additional providers, more money will appear for funding and production levels will increase as well.
    I bet the manufacture is making palm prepay at market prices for production too...look for 50K increments in sales numbers as a sign that they are batch producing.... Where apple gets discounts on the price of material and is running the plants in cycles.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I had heard a June 21 date for online, but it being June 22 and no Pres online, I'd have to say that source was wrong.

As I thought about it more, I agree that it is a supply issue. MUCH easier to hop online and order than it is to go to a store to get one. I think dissatisfaction would arise a lot faster if people were able to order online and had to wait weeks or months to get it. Waiting lists would be huge if that was the case.

I think Sprint is leaving it to the dedicated customer to make their way into a store and make the purchase/get on the waiting list there. Once supply builds, then they'll offer it online.

Plus, they get the $18 in-store activation fee for everyone that go in store to buy a Pre. That could also be a motivating factor.
    If you work for a company that has a relationship with a phone supplier then try them... My company uses Bluefish Wireless, I was able to order online from them and get a phone shipped to me in 2 business days. This was after not having any luck putting my name on several local mailing lists and calling a bunch of stores within a 200 mile radius.

I had read somewhere the theory that Sprint would be focusing on filling the business channels over retail and in my case that seems to be correct.
  13.    #13  
    Hey guess what guys.... I heard Sprint was offering the pre through 866-sprint1 and I called and got myself a pre, The lady on the phone said it would take 5-7 days business days for it to arrive at my house... But I did not have to leave my house to get one so I'm happy. So if anyone else is looking to get a Pre but hasn't had any luck try calling sprint.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Hey guess what guys.... I heard Sprint was offering the pre through 866-sprint1 and I called and got myself a pre, The lady on the phone said it would take 5-7 days business days for it to arrive at my house... But I did not have to leave my house to get one so I'm happy. So if anyone else is looking to get a Pre but hasn't had any luck try calling sprint.
    yea i was about to post this info, gj, if you work for a company that gives you a sprint discount try calling 1-866-866-7509, should ship the phone out to you as soon as possible, and to compare the iphone 3gs shipments to the pre just isnt cool lol.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    This worked fine for me!