1.    #1  
    So, I went on some "art" web sites and tried to view certain questionable content that I could download before the 1.03 update: now, I get the cascading browsers! I also got the cascading browsers when I tried to download the flipflop homebrew weblink (see Home page article). Any body else having Niagra Browser Falls? If so, what links are causing it for you? Also, is there a fix or do we have to wait for 1.04?
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I get the cascade if I'm viewing an evite event and I click the "Add to my iCal Calendar" link. (I was just curious to see what would happen...I did not expect that!) I believe on a Mac the link calls a Javascript function which prompts you to download a .ics file or something similar. This happened with webOS 1.0.3. I hadn't tried it in 1.0.2.
    I had something like that happen to me today. I was on a local news site, I clicked on a story link and I started to get windows popping up. I would get a while screen then it would drop to a card. Then another one would pop up. I got eight or nine of them. This is a site that I visit several time a day and that has never happened before.
    Avigo > PalmIII > PalmIIIEX > Visor > Prism > Prism w/Data module > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Pre
  4.    #4  
    I also got the cascading browsers when I first attemtped to click on the "here" link in the article about homebrewed apps via email! Any fixes out there? Any explanation for this phenomenon?
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    I got it when trying to view the iPhone 3.0 video lol.
    It's a known bug caused when clicking browser links to files the device can't handle
    I got it trying to go look at some of the descriptions of the non-rooted homebrew app page.

And when I tried to do the blank page for a flashlight trick.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    What do you mean by "cascading"? I searched the forums for "cascading" and "cascade" and found no other threads in any of the Pre forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    What do you mean by "cascading"? I searched the forums for "cascading" and "cascade" and found no other threads in any of the Pre forums.
    New browser cards will open one after the other non-stop. I've also run into this issue. 1.0.3 bug I'm guessing? I don't remember it in 1.0.2.
    I've only used my device with 1.0.3, but I get this any time I try to download an mp3 from my subsonic music server. At the rate of homebrew hacking/development, I'm hopeful we'll see a better browser alternative/hack.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    New browser cards will open one after the other non-stop. I've also run into this issue. 1.0.3 bug I'm guessing? I don't remember it in 1.0.2.
    Yep, it did not do this in 1.0.2! It's fun though, 'cause I gotta minimize a card and toss it off the desktop before it minimizes on its own and moves to the left to make way for the next card to cascade. The first time it did that, I thought I had killed my Pre: what joy that was! Now I do it to improve my finger speed.

Still, they better hurry up with a fix: how do you update your software and [B]create[B] bugs that didn't exist before?!
    well, on 1.0.4 here and still have the cascading browser page issue. I see the thread's last entry before mine is 6/23. Any one have any more information on this?

thanks in advance
    You should probably stop visiting "art" sites on your Pre.
    I got it when I clicked on the add in the Accuweather app. I was very surprised that it happened there too!
    I get the cascading browsers whenever I visit a website with a tilde (~) as its last character.
    Well, sherman901

unless ESPN links from iGoogle are now considered "art", I don't see the relevance in that post....

zero help, thanks.
  17. msb
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    It's easy to replicate... try putting a tilde (~) character after the web address.

For example: http://www.espn.com~

Update: Er, sorry for the duplicate info... didn't see your post above.
    Its a new feature to show off how fast a new browser page opens.

Yep, I've had it too. Fortunately, the Pre is quick enough that once you slide an offending page up, you can then cancel all of the others that opened up.