1.    #1  
    my old blackberry would show a 1x or 1X in my area.... 1X was obviously the faster service. it would only show 1x if my bill was late and they cut service (oops). my pre usually says 1x does that mean its not connecting to the correct network, the bill is definetly up to date
    I'm pretty sure "EV" is the fastest network Sprint offers. Where EV isn't available it reverts back to "1x." It has nothing to do with your bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppy785 View Post
    my pre usually says 1x does that mean its not connecting to the correct network, the bill is definitely up to date
    It means you're not receiving and EVDO signal - no broadband for you. Most likely reason is coverage.
    my old blackberry would show a 1x or 1X in my area.... 1X was obviously the faster service. it would only show 1x if my bill was late and they cut service (oops). my pre usually says 1x does that mean its not connecting to the correct network, the bill is definetly up to date
    Are you saying that the 'x' in '1x' on your blackberry was normally an upper case 'X' but when your bill was late it would turn to a lower case 'x'.

Don't take this wrong but was your money for your phone going to pay for your crack which made you both paranoid and at the same time halucinate causing you to see different case letters?

OK seriously, I've never seen this behavior on a phone before but then again, I've never been one to count and inspect every pixel.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Capital "X" means data and voice services
    Lower case "x" means voice and no data services.
    1x or 1X means your not on the high speed "EVDO" network.
    hope this helps.