Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Anyone else out there having closing the USB door? I did a quick search, but no threads. I can close the door, but after a few minutes it isn't flush with the body of the pre. Anyone else having this problem?

Also, how long before a third party makes spare USB doors?
    My USB door never was flush. When closed it looks like a button. I think that's how it's supposed to be.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Mine isn't flush either, never was. But man, if that thing was flush, I really would never be able to get that door open.
    Never flush here either... its probably the way they designed it (remember how hard it was to open the first time LOL)
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    It was flush, but over the last two days, it seems to be popping out on the end with the attachement to the phone. It sort of looks like a button, but honestly from all the pictures i've seen, it should be sitting way more flush. I'll try and host a picture tonight. Thanks for the quick replys.
    I had that problem for the longest time. The stub on the door gets in the way. You just need to bend it out so it stays in and flush. To open it, just slide out the keyboard and pick at it on the bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach30SiR View Post
    It was flush, but over the last two days, it seems to be popping out on the end with the attachement to the phone. It sort of looks like a button, but honestly from all the pictures i've seen, it should be sitting way more flush. I'll try and host a picture tonight. Thanks for the quick replys.
    No, it's quite impossible for it to ever have been flush. I just openned my slider, turned my phone over and I'm able to see that the cover is all the way in but it's not flush. It's curved slightly different from the contours of the phone itself which makes it stick out just a bit from the body of the phone. Hence, it is not and never has been flush.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    No, it's quite impossible for it to ever have been flush. I just openned my slider, turned my phone over and I'm able to see that the cover is all the way in but it's not flush. It's curved slightly different from the contours of the phone itself which makes it stick out just a bit from the body of the phone. Hence, it is not and never has been flush.
    I'm hardly going to get into a pissing contest with you over the internet or over a USB door. I know it sticks out entirely too far compared to when it was first purchased. Thanks to the poster above, I will try that. Its just one end of the door that is sticking out, definately not by design.
    Yeah, flush would be impossible to get open, but it would have been nicer for us TS users.
    Jordan Mack
    webOS Chat
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Mine is pretty flush. I had a devil of a time when I first got the phone, hated the door and just knew if i didn't get a Touchstone it'd be broken in just a few weeks.

Lo and behold, now that I have one TS and one on order, the door seems to behaving. I had some deformity of the internal pastic tab that hold the door shut at first, thought for sure I had tweaked it trying to cram it back in (Yes, I was getting frustrated) but for some reason the door is now operating just right. Since TS#2 is on order I've been using the USB door with a travel charger and it seems to be working fine -- oddly enough, seems to be working better now that I have the BSE Skin installed over the top.

Good luck, hope your door fixes itself like mine did.
    I'm hardly going to get into a pissing contest with you over the internet or over a USB door. I know it sticks out entirely too far compared to when it was first purchased. Thanks to the poster above, I will try that. Its just one end of the door that is sticking out, definately not by design.
    This is hardly a pissing contest. Take your urine elsewhere, please.

All it takes is a little examination of the cover to see that it's not the same shape as the phone.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    ^^ Thanks - I'll try and post up a picture later on tonite. I know by looking at it the one side of the door with the attachement to the phone is pushed out way to far. I need to get a few TS's
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    This is hardly a pissing contest. Take your urine elsewhere, please.

All it takes is a little examination of the cover to see that it's not the same shape as the phone.
    Try and restrain yourself when replying to threads you know nothing about. You're post count is high enough. {awaits retort}
    Mine was flush prior to me using it for the first time. Now it sticks out a bit as mentioned so far. It's actually better for me 'cause that sucker didn't come out too easily at first.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    mine's impossibly flush

FWIW: I DID have the issue with the hinge side sticking out slightly while the other side was flush. After a close look, it seemed like a bit of excess plastic along the top edge of the door near the hinge side was the culprit. A little scratching with my fingernail seemed to fix it.
    Try and restrain yourself when replying to threads you know nothing about. You're post count is high enough. {awaits retort}
    Dude you've got me rolling here. I know nothing about the phone in my possession?
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I'm tempted to just castrate that battery door.

Considering the battery life then I've got a charger at home, at work and in the car so I'm constantly plugged in and the awkward ribbon that keeps the door attached seems to always get in the way.

I've used products with exposed charger ports forever and have NEVER gotten damage there. So it seems to be the only reason for the door is aesthetics (because the location of the port sure doesn't lend itself to function. Ideally it should be at the bottom).
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    ^^ I'll let all the posts with people who once had flush USB doors do the talking.

Quote Originally Posted by bbkat View Post
    mine's impossibly flush

FWIW: I DID have the issue with the hinge side sticking out slightly while the other side was flush. After a close look, it seemed like a bit of excess plastic along the top edge of the door near the hinge side was the culprit. A little scratching with my fingernail seemed to fix it.
    Exactly! I was going to shave that off with a knife. Thanks for your reply. I'm going to give that a shot, then if it doesn't work, get a picture up here. Won't be until much later though.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkat View Post
    mine's impossibly flush

Interesting. Just exmained the door under the magnifyer we have here in the lab. I don't see any excess plastic on the door. Perhaps not all of the doors are identical.
    My wife and I both bought Pre's the first Saturday they were available. Her door tab didn't last the weekend before it was hopelessly bent. If it becomes a nuisance she's just going to cut the door off. I couldn't stand that on mine plus I work in a dusty, chemically environment and I want the thing as well sealed as possible.