Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have turned backlight to the min. Turned off GPS and have no apps open. When I was viewing the forums I noticed how much the battery was draining. The numbers came out to 1% per two min. So I was wondering if yours drained as fast as mine when using the internet.
    install the update.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    yes! my battery drains really fast too!
    i am thinking about returning the phone because of this!
    i cant carry my charger everywhere i go just so i can use my phone.
    my 2 year old blackberry still has a better battery life than the pre.
    Yep, drains pretty fast for me too while surfing. I think the browser is actually a fairly demanding task, especially full sites. But I can burn through 15% of my battery in half an hour of browsing m.precentral.net too. Perhaps it's all the scrolling? Dunno.

I should also say that in general I'm not having battery life issues. It's really only dropping significantly for me while browsing. Battery life is just fine if I don't do any browsing.

And yes, I already have 1.0.3.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Same here. Every 2 minutes, regardless of what I am doing, is about 1% Totally unacceptable.
    you all complaining about the battery life: how long have you had the phone?
    Since launch day
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    Since launch day
    do you top off your battery every night?

also, do you have the common culprits covered (i.e. turn AIM off, leave wi-fi on, etc...)
    Wi-fi surfing apparently is much nicer on the battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by smoresrock View Post
    do you top off your battery every night?

also, do you have the common culprits covered (i.e. turn AIM off, leave wi-fi on, etc...)
    My phone is charged every single night, and is constantly on the touchstone during the day. I always close apps when done, never turn AIM on, and leave wifi off, brightness near minimum.
  11.    #11  
    I installed all the updates. I bought the phone two days ago. What do you mean by topping off the battery?
    d0llarm3nu, my experience is that the battery gets better with use. I noticed it after about 4-5 days.
    So what is my excuse? My battery is crap.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    my standby time has started get get acceptable (I've had the phone since launch) but my battery also drain quite heavily under use, at almost the same rate of 0.5% per minute. when making calls, it drops even faster, at nearly 1% per minute. This would only give me about 200 minutes of browsing time, and 100 minutes of call time, and this is neglecting the drain of about 5% per hour on standby.

My battery is actually doing much better then it did last week, however, if this is not up to par with what everyone else is getting, I might start to get concerned.
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
  15.    #15  
    yea i think ill give my phone a chance since everyone is saying that the battery life gets better the longer you have it.
    That's about what I get...
    on any phone with a browser as fast and capable as this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    My phone is charged every single night, and is constantly on the touchstone during the day. I always close apps when done, never turn AIM on, and leave wifi off, brightness near minimum.
    there's one of your possible causes..

turn it on. as someone has said on a thread, it sounds counter-intuitive that wi-fi would help the battery in the case of the Pre, but give it a shot.

it's been the difference between my past, bad battery days and my now, good ones
    Quote Originally Posted by smoresrock View Post
    there's one of your possible causes..

turn it on. as someone has said on a thread, it sounds counter-intuitive that wi-fi would help the battery in the case of the Pre, but give it a shot.

it's been the difference between my past, bad battery days and my now, good ones
    I tried keeping wifi on for a while, but it did not make a difference for me.
    I'm also in the "not so great battery life" group. With all of the recommended settings in place (no AIM, email set to sync as items arrive [when possible], wifi on and connected whenever in range, etc.) and my battery is usually at 50% after less than 4 hours of medium use (checking email, checking Tweed, maybe a few tweets, a call or two, some messaging, some Web). Certainly not what I would consider heavy use.

As far as I can see, there seem to be three groups:

- Really bad battery life, as in loses charge completely in a few hours
    - Poor battery life, as in my case (loses 50% after 4 hours or less with medium/light use)
    - Decent battery life, defined as anything better than the first two groups

I'm guessing that in the first group, there's a hardware problem. The second group is using some combination of software that's problematic and will likely be fixed in an update to either the firmware or some offending application. The third group isn't using the particular combination and so doesn't suffer from the same concerns.

Or, the second group suffers from poor reception, which kills battery life, and the third group doesn't. That's harder for me to track because I don't have time to just sit and monitor the phone for hours on end to notice reception problems.

Not sure how to figure this out, unless we get a fair number of members to keep journals of usage, reception, applications running, and battery performance in some consistent fashion. Otherwise, it's hard to compare apples to apples.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I'm in the second group.. And I cant get an airave, just havent gotten a good CSR..

When I'm at 50% by lunch because low signal and its hot... But in good signal areas its fine..

Curve is becoming more likely to come back in my holster
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast