1.    #1  
    While this may seem obvious, as a rule most electronics don't, there are the lucky occasions where a device unit will still work after drying. The Pre is definitely not so fortunate and I am now waiting on Asurion to approve my claim for a replacement phone (had to fax in affidavit and a copy of my licences to prove I had the phone so they wont be frauded?!).

Moral of the story, keep your friend/baby/gizmo out of the water.
    oh man that stinks! how did it get wet in the first place?
    pre 2 is gonna have a snorkel built into the 4g radio i heard!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    pre 2 is gonna have a snorkel built into the 4g radio i heard!
    LOL Nice. But it won't work well underwater since radio waves don't travel well there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang7303 View Post
    While this may seem obvious, as a rule most electronics don't, there are the lucky occasions where a device unit will still work after drying. The Pre is definitely not so fortunate and I am now waiting on Asurion to approve my claim for a replacement phone (had to fax in affidavit and a copy of my licences to prove I had the phone so they wont be frauded?!).

Moral of the story, keep your friend/baby/gizmo out of the water.
    Sorry to hear that!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    oh man that stinks! how did it get wet in the first place?
    Went out on the lake for a father's day pick nick dinner with the families (both parents for me and the girlfriend) when a gust of wind caught a hat and sent it into the water. Me being gallant, jumped in the water to retrieve the sinking hat to only find out I had forgotten my Pre and her (week old replacement from pet damage) Centro were still in my pocket after i had gotten back on the boat and was drying off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang7303 View Post
    Went out on the lake for a father's day pick nick dinner with the families (both parents for me and the girlfriend) when a gust of wind caught a hat and sent it into the water. Me being gallant, jumped in the water to retrieve the sinking hat to only find out I had forgotten my Pre and her (week old replacement from pet damage) Centro were still in my pocket after i had gotten back on the boat and was drying off.
    Wow, a hat for the pre and centro, sad story indeed
    If I go on the water I always put my wallet and phone in a zip lock bag. Just in case
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Ouch just reading the title made me cringe a little bit. The horror stories from saving a trivial item in the water and forgeting the valuable electronics in your pocket.