Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Some of the users have probably already found this little tip, but I just discovered it.

If you are on a web page and want to see or modify the page URL, simply swipe downward to "scroll" to the top of the page and the page title will appear, tap the page title and you'll have the URL address box.

If you're already at the top of the page, or the page does not require scrolling, simply swipe downward as if you were going to scroll up, the title/address bar will appear.
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
    I think this was added with 1.0.3? I didn't see it untill I updated.
    No, it was in 1.0.2, and probably was in 1.0.1 also. Note that you can also copy the url from there--very handy. Swipe down, tap the button, gesture area + c, swipe over to your email, gesture area + v, done. Course, I suppose you could also use the share option from the menu, but this way is more fun.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Cool - but only works in portrait mode for me.
    How does this work? I am trying it on precentral. net and its just scrolling up not showing me url. whats the swipe motion? down right? haha
    You can copy it but I haven't found any success pasting it in a web form or email (but admittedly I haven't tried since the 1.0.3 firmware release).
    Also, if your goal is to get to the URL field to type in a new one, you just need to start typing and you'll go right to the URL field (as long as you're not already in an editable field.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishous View Post
    Some of the users have probably already found this little tip, but I just discovered it.

If you are on a web page and want to see or modify the page URL, simply swipe downward to "scroll" to the top of the page and the page title will appear, tap the page title and you'll have the URL address box.

If you're already at the top of the page, or the page does not require scrolling, simply swipe downward as if you were going to scroll up, the title/address bar will appear.
    This was really bugging me. Thanks much!
    What about the opposite? This has been bugging me for a long time. If the title/address bar is displayed, is there a way to dismiss it? I know that if you scroll the page down (i.e. scroll the title/address bar off the top) it will disappear, but there must be a way to dismiss it AND have the top of the page displayed EXACTLY at the top of the browser (i.e. the way it looked when the page first loaded, before the title/address bar was displayed).

Anyone know how to do this?
    This has been a feature of the phone since day one. It does copy/paste into e-mails and other places, as I've been doing that since the beginning.

To get rid of it, just tap somewhere on the page (that isn't a link, of course!) and it will move itself back up off the screen.