1.    #1  
    I purchased and tried out the Seidio 1350 extended battery for the Pre, but found when I closed the keyboard the device sometimes powers down. This is due to the battery being a slightly shorter length than the original Pre battery which is not allowing it to clamp down properly. I was planning on RMA'sing replacement, But I don't want to bother if the replacement will have the same problem. Do any of you have experience with this batter?
    Hopefully Seidio reponds to this.
    use paper?
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Even some of the stock batteries have this issue - RMA it if you don't mind living without for a while, otherwise just crumple some paper up and stick it in the gap.
    If you search this forum there have been some reports of some Pre owners having the same issue with the OEM battery and using a piece of paper to wedge the battery in tighter. I think those owners were hoping the Seidio batteries would NOT have this same issue. I would for sure try to swap my Pre out during the first 30 days if I had this problem.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    Contact Seidio. They have always been good to work with for me.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    is the battery life on the seidio noticably better?
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Its Seidio, swap meet products.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    is the battery life on the seidio noticably better?
    I wouldn't say it seemed to be noticably better as far as charge as I didn't use it extensively enough before having the power off problem. But it was a little bit better none the less.
  10.    #10  
    I don't want to use Paper, I want the battery to have a proper fit on it's own without having to Jerry rig it.
    Rma...
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Looks like it's the phone that needs to be exchanged since it will probably happen with the stock battery too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben7seven7
    I purchased and tried out the Seidio 1350 extended battery for the Pre, but found when I closed the keyboard the device sometimes powers down. This is due to the battery being a slightly shorter length than the original Pre battery which is not allowing it to clamp down properly. I was planning on RMA'sing replacement, But I don't want to bother if the replacement will have the same problem. Do any of you have experience with this batter?
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S
    Looks like it's the phone that needs to be exchanged since it will probably happen with the stock battery too.
    Hello,

Thank you for your interests in our products! This topic has been discussed a few times on this forums with several threads. It has been determined that the varying tolerance on the Palm Pre battery compartment is making some batteries, OEM or non-OEM, fitting a bit loose and therefore losing contacts when you open/close slider, applying pressure, or dropping it on the floor. We test all of our batteries before shipping and have found no issues with our test model.

Please refer to this link if you like more information and possible solution, but we recommend you to have your unit swapped

http://www.precentral.net/slider-cra...gyver-solution

Hope this information helped and let us know how we can help you!
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben7seven7 View Post
    I don't want to use Paper, I want the battery to have a proper fit on it's own without having to Jerry rig it.
    Well, if your phone works well except for the battery issue, you have 3 choices.

1) Take the phone back and exchange it for another that doesn't have the battery issue. However, if you've been reading this forum, you'll see that there are MUCH bigger issues that some phones have. So, if you're willing to return the phone for an easily fixable battery issue, then you'll have to spin the wheel and see what you get with the next phone.

2) Use a piece of paper, or a small piece of a business card (that no one will ever see or know about) and shim the battery.

3) Return the phone and wait for the next version, or get another phone all together.
  15.    #15  
    I've been waiting for a replacement for my pre anyway, with regards to the light spots on bottom of the screen. The OEM battery works fine, the Seido battery does not. They've issued me a replacement / RMA unit and sent it out, hopefully that will work out better and hopefully I'll get my fracking replacement Pre already with a better screen. Keeping fingers crossed.
  16.    #16  
    One other thing, I tried my problematic Seidio battery in another Pre, it has the same exact problem of powering down when closing the slider, so don't blame the Pre, blame the battery.